Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV Misc. problems.

Hiya,

I have few problems with my Marvel G400 TV capture..

- I saw that many of you are using PC-VCR to capture. On my virtual "remote", the RECORD button (as shown in the book) is blank. Only have a black button, no uses. Any ideas?

- I decided to capture with Virtualdub but I can't grab at 704x480 (lots of dropped frames). Also cannot use Matrox YUY2 compression (format invalid 704x480 error message...). There is a trick to use Yuy2 Matrox compression while capturing and avoid frame drops? I know I know, I may get flamed with this question :-)

What I want is to capture family videos and burn SVCDs whith a nice quality.

Specs: Marvel G400-TV (with bluebox) PIII-450, 512RAM, 40gigs 7200 and another 40gigs 7200 on secondary channel (this is the one where I capture). DMA enabled.

Thanks,

Mageron

What OS are you using? You do realize that you can't use the Matrox remote on 2000 or XP?

My G-400 works great with my 98SE system. I've always been able to capture fine with the Matrox remote, but preferred Huffy. With Huffy, however, I could only capture half frame with my old PIII 500. When I upgraded to Anthlon 1 gig on that machine, full frame Huffy capture was a breeze. Long story short: you will drop frames with a PIII 450 unless you use Matrox hardware capture. I captured on a 233 without drops with my original Rainbow Runner.

Win XP is on my other computer which is dedicated to DV capture. Form follows function.

Comment

Argh, Win2k.. :-( Remote work fine, except for the recording :-) Well, I'll upgrade to something like AMD XP 1800+ this week-end and add a Win98se partition.. should help! thanks, I'll let you know!

Mageron

Comment

If you upgrade to the XP1800, you can use 2000 as Huffy will capture like a champ at that speed. The Matrox hardware capture is mission critical only for slower machines. If you want the option, however, you will need the 98SE partition. Good luck!

Comment

Hiya,

I will have my XP1800 tomorrow. I will re-install with double OS anyway. I'll let you know. Thanks a lot!

Mageron

Comment

Working...
          X