What Music Does Everyone Listen To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Music Does Everyone Listen To?

Any Texas Country music fans out there? I like Robert Earl Keen, Cory Morrow, Pat Green, Cross Canadian Ragweed, etc. I also listen to rock, rap, r&b, rave.....well, I'm just really involved in music, let's just leave it at that.

I'm waiting for the next artist that will come along and revolutionize the music industry like the Beatles did. I don't think we could ever see another group that EVERYONE listened to even across generation gaps. We got any Beatles fans BTW?
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

i listen to good music.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Anything but disco

Mostly: Tool, Stabbing Westward, Pink Floyd
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I agree, you can't beat Tool, esp. when you're tripping on some, um.....stuff. I need some "stuff" right now, work is soooo boring.
        System Specs:
        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

no problem here
          System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

tool is cool
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Haven't listened to any of Tools new stuff. Need to borrow the CD from my bro.

Listen mostly to a mix of techno, metal and classical. Techno/dance I like stuff like Moby, Paul Oakenfold, DJ Tiesto, Apoptygma Berzerk, Juno Reactor and Din Fiv. Metal I mostly listen to Metallica, Megadeth, Gravity Kills, Rammstein, and other stuff like Tool on occasion.

As for classical, I suppose it depends on my mood. My favorite piece of all time is an old Deutsche Grammafon (sp?) recording of the Peer Gynt suites from Edvard Grieg, that has the actual lyrics to the music intact. Wagner and Puchini operas are always fun to listen to. German and Russian classical composers I suppose would be the majority of the other stuff I listen to. A good piano sonota every once in a while is cool.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

i actually havent listened to tool since the concert. sept/oct? lately ive been real big into Gomez.. stereophonics.. the supernaturals..avanlanches...the charlatans... starsailor...superfurryanimals..kosheen..mirwais.. gorillaz..Morcheeba... laid off the coldplay for a bit until they come up with a new album..
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

omg Jammrock has the same taste in music as I do.. a first.

Actually, I'm not as into techno as you, Jammer, but I usually like most any I hear. Funny how the natural connection between classical and heavy metal isn't obvious to more people.

As for other stuff, I can tolerate 90's whiner rock, but only as mocking material.
                  Nothing Ghetto or I'm liable to start murdering people with my MAC-10.
                  Country is sometimes tolerable if it's good. Unfortunately, much of it is NOT, but most country fans seem not to be able to tell the difference. (Yeah, BuddMan.. I'm from Texas, too)
                  Last edited by KvHagedorn; 29 May 2002, 23:26.

Comment

Sweet, where in Texas? You gotta check out Robert Earl Keen man, that's some of the best country around.
                    System Specs:

Comment

personally i am into a wide range of music, the last cd i bought was the planet's by holst, but i also love everclear, RES, ocean colour scene, hendrix, ash and also trance and dance etc
                      Dell Inspiron 8200
                      Pentium4m 1.6
                      640mb pc2100
                      64mb gf440go
                      15" uxga ultrasharp
                      40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

My tastes vary quite a bit, but generally my CD player usually contains something from Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and The Black Crowes, with some more modern stuff thrown in occasionally.
                        Currently I'm on an oldies trip at the moment and my car CD also contains a composite blues/soul/R&B/motown cd (late 60's stuff)and a Creedence Clearwater Revival cd in addition to The Cult's 'Sonic Temple'

Last CD I actually bought was Anastacia "Not that Kind". That woman can really wail, to quote Waynes World.
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Tori Amos, SuperTramp, Clasic, Opera, Vagelis, Sevag, King Crimson etc.....

you know the kind of music that lives forever and does not have a short shelf life... and no need for "stuff" when listening to Floyd, the music is enugh on its own
                          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                            i listen to good music.
                            Don't we all? For me, the most important aspects of music is melody, rhythm, and harmony, so where ever those are found, I dig. I'm not afraid to be a lover of mainstream music, things that come first to mind are Kraftwerk, Alan Parsons Project, (older) Pet Shop Boys, Jamiroquai, The Prodigy... Pretty much electronic stuff. Oh yeah, and contrary to DuRaNgO, I like disco too

Must be too much time spent listening to game muzax and thousands of music MODs. And when I was like eight years old my sister gave me this great 5-CD collection of Synthesizer Classics as my christmas present, so I think we can blame her too

Comment

Originally posted by roadie
                              personally i am into a wide range of music, the last cd i bought was the planet's by holst, but i also love everclear, RES, ocean colour scene, hendrix, ash and also trance and dance etc

HEY, i just got those two ocean colour scene cds... i like a lot od the songs.. but i havent listened to it that much.. maybe i need too
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X