MP3 player Vs. Minidisc...your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 player Vs. Minidisc...your thoughts

Howdy all. I am going to pick up one or the other soon, just haven't decided which yet. The question I pose pertains to the portable versions of each device. I plan to use whichever I get when I jog/workout. Both have features I like, just thought I would get an idea of what y'all think about each type of device.

Mate of mine has bought himself one of those MP3 players that use a CD rather than storing everything in memory. If you arent concerned about the extra size of a CD player vs a RAM-only player, thats probably the way to go.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Those are nice for home/car usage, but they skip like crazy if you try to take them jogging.

Comment

Not if they're playing mp3 they don't. I picked up a painfully cheap one a while back and I never heard it skip on an mp3.

I@ll admit that when playing straight audio CD's it would skip as soon as you looked at it, but that wasn't why I'd bought it.

I think it had something mad like 60+ seconds of antiskip. Althgouh I@ll admit that minisdiscs come with 40+ seconds as standard.

Uberlad
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

I'm going to pick up one of the old RIO devices soon. You can pick up the RIO 300(I think) on Ebay, with 256-384MB of RAM, for about $100-$150.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Besides mp3 sounds better (or, can be made to sound better) than Minidisc. I have both, but I never use my minidisc Walkman, now that I have the Philips expanium (and the antishock works quite well).
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X