Looks like Becks is going to be fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Becks is going to be fit

Good news for us bad news for the Swedes now all we need is a defence.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

England will be very lucky to get out of their group. With Beckham at least they have a glimmer of hope
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

The problem has been the defence it's looked shakey for sometime so far we've pulled out the mire by Owen and Beckham.
      I wonder how long it will be before someone jumps on his foot.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
        I wonder how long it will be before someone jumps on his foot.
        This is very true, unfortunately - and it's one of the saddest things in soccer.
        The referees would do better protecting the good players that are constantly deliberately attacked / fouled this way (sometimes you can easily see that there are two or three players of the opponents team "set" on doing this to avoid cards..) instead of showing yellow or even red cards to someone who put off his shirt or who complained about some decision...
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Well if you look how he got injured in the first place. In Europe got hit on the leg in the first leg and got hit again 2nd leg which caused the break. Make your own conclussions.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sad indeed, I agree that it seems they deliberately try to hurt good players, the fact that the guy was Argentinian makes things more suspicious...but it could have just been an accident.

Good news for England though, he is the best footballer in the world if you ask me.

Sadly though the swedish midfielders have been dissapointingly bad the last few months, but if you look on the bright side our attackers are amongst the best in the world. Allbäck and Henrik Larsson have an excellent understanding of each other on the pitch and one of them almost always score in every game, and then offcourse we have Zlatan Ibrahimovic to throw in if things happen get stalled, he can do everything imaginable with the ball, when he's in the mood there is no defender in the world who can stop him(they can however injure him ).

And remember Sweden haven't lost against England since 1967, I just hope they can extend that suite a bit longer.

Can't wait until sunday!

[edit] Sorry, it's 1968, not 1967.
            Last edited by Novdid; 30 May 2002, 12:14.

Comment

Larsson is an excellent player..... One of the best....
              we lost Keane.... but you gotta stand by your manager! His temper blew that for him! Let him rot....

RedRed
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Keane is a very good player, but it seems the guy has an attitude problem though.

[Edit] BTW, I like your avatar RedRed. I see you kept your old design!

Comment

England havent had much of a defense since Euro 96 when Tony Adams ran the show. Campbell and Ferdinand are both superb when on form, I just hope they sort it out before Saturday.

So far the odds on the Argies deliberately stamping on Beckhams foot are very short indeed. Its the way the scumbags play. Its not like they're all crap footballers and have to cheat and foul to win a game either. At least we've got baldy slaphead Pierre-Luigi Collina as a referee, hopefully he'll keep things under control.

Originally posted by Novdid
                  Sadly though the swedish midfielders have been dissapointingly bad the last few months,
                  Are you kidding? Freddie Ljunberg has been in fantastic form for Arsenal, although news this morning was that he had a sore leg but expected to be fit for the England match.

Now where did I leave that voodoo doll and pins?

Anyway, whatever happens, we all know England have the best world cup songs!
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

One player does not make a midfield. And another point is that the only game Ljungberg has done well in the Yellow dress, was his first against England 3,5 years ago.

He's not very popular over here really, but he is very important to the team non the less. The problem is that the 3 other, midfielders except maybe Anders Svensson, aren't good enough to play at the level they have to do, to ensure that Sweden atleast put up a fight against England. Anders Svensson is the only player in the swedish team that can distribute the balls from a central position, and that's weakness of the Swedish team. These issues forces Ljungberg to play a very different role in the national team than he does in Arsenal. You can maybe even say that Ljungbergs succes depends on Anders Svensson...

Well that's my take on the issue, but don't quote me.

Comment

Hehe...Smokie anyone???
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well the swedish Goal Keeper will find out when he's picking the ball out of the net.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We should have won the game, sadly we didn't.

And as I said, Anders Svensson is a very, very, very good player!

Comment

Originally posted by Novdid
                            We should have won the game, sadly we didn't.

And as I said, Anders Svensson is a very, very, very good player!
                            I agree with that.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just thought of a new use for DualHead - watching football! Think of the possibilities...watching different games, different angles, replays! All I need now is digital TV receiver (or maybe 2?).

P.
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X