X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF Change Over IMMINENT!

Taken from the ocn forums!
    OK folks,
    just in case no-one else has given the heads up yet, please check out the link below:

For those too lazy to check it out, the current protien will be prematurely terminated to allow DF to start work on the CASP-5 prediction. The estimated date of change over is the end of this week coming (Thursday/Friday).

For those of you who have not been in a change over before, you will need to ensure that your work has been uploaded before the switch occurs (especially if you are on dial up or have alot of work cached away), or you will not get credit for it. Furthermore, the new protien is apparently much larger (and slower to fold) than the current one, so be warned you will crunch considerably slower when it switches.

The switch itself should be performed by autoupdate, assuming you have set the client up as instructed. If you are not running Windows or Linux, you may want to check that the autoupdate works correctly, as I have heard some of the newer clients can be a bit picky.

On the other hand, this is the real deal. CASP-5 is actual genuine protien exploration, not just validation testing (as we have been doing). If you decide to continue crunching, you will be taking distributed computing as a whole to a new level entirely. I could say something about "Boldy going" right now, but I will refrain!

Fallguy
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...
Working...
X