!@#¤%&£$€ ADSL and Telias support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !@#¤%&£$€ ADSL and Telias support!

Why do all customer support always stick to sawing its own ass first?

Always when it wont work it's always something wrong on your end never on theirs!

My ADSL died last night...
    The modem wont give out DHCP info.....

Check my settings(they have bin the same for 4 month, but who knows?) find nothing wrong, reboot, reboot, reset the ADSL modem, cycle power on the ADSL modem, still no go...

Phones the helpdesk, wait 20 minutes (´makes some burgers while I wait...), the suport guy askes me all the standar questions...

I ask if they have any problems, he answers "no" (like they ever admit anything...)
    He askes if I have a firewall, yes I have Zonealarm, Remove it and it will work he claim, I do it just to humor him, no go...

And then He concludes that My Network card is POS, (I son't think so )so I test with my other card, still no go

I boot up my laptop and still wont get any luck!

I ask him if the ADSL modem might be broken?

No thats imposible, all your nics must be broken! he claims (hm... he makes perfect sense, don't he?)

Then out of the blue he sais that the server target my mac number in the nic I originaly used and that it will continue to do soe for atleast 20 min, so before I test another NIC i have to wait 20 min! (coulden't he have said that from the beginning? )

Then it was to late to wait another 20 min, so I turned off everything and when I come home from work I will se if the modem will play with my Laptop nic!

I also plan to borrow a Router to test my other nics, to see if the can recieve from a DHCP or if they have miracusly died at the sametime while neglecting to mention it to windows....

Have anyone else a story about a jackass suport personel who only thinks about blaiming you when its realy their fault??
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Home to 56k Hell! (to borrow a line from Lizzie)
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hm... now it works connected to my laptop!
      Any bets on if it will work with my work komputer?

Comment

Sounds like the problem is on your end rather than theirs.
        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
        people do all day!"

Comment

Ha!
          It did work!
          After their stupid server ralised that the MAC number my laptops nic used wad no longer tied to my ip number.....
          And I'm still using my "dead" Nic

Comment

I work for a helpdesk, and if we ever get a modem with no ADSL light even after a power cycle, then it's definately on our side. They should have escalated the issue ASAP.
            System Specs:
            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Well, the modem was working....
              The problem was probably in their server.....
              Since I was not the only one with problems last night!
              half the city was ofline for a couple of hours....
              But it's not important enough to mention on their system status page...

Comment

Keep your head in the ground and your arse in the air and the problem may go away. Of course someone might kick you up the arse. It's amazing how companies policy is play dumb at all costs.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The worst of it all is:
                  The first ISP I used had a very different policy....
                  Mostly when I phoned them about connection problem the support person took my name and then asked me to wait for a moment....
                  Usually they would confirm that indeed their local modem pool was ofline for the moment.
                  they never implied that the problem was mine!
                  and they always checked their end before checking mine!
                  But when a bigger company bought them and their call centre moved to kiruna (all call- centres in Sweden are in kiruna, its a city far up in the north, possibly so they will feel reassured that some hacker wont cause to much damage if he decides to ICBM the centre ) all went to hell!
                  Suddenly the page where they earlier had reported almost everything went mute and the policy became "We never ever admit that anything is wrong on our side"
                  Last edited by Technoid; 28 May 2002, 13:26.

Comment

Technoid was happening to your english? It's suddenly got worse it's not the adsl dropping the letters is it???
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Nothing really happened….
                      I have dyslexia and has to constantly think about my spelling and when I’m irritated or angry or haven’t the time to first write it in word and then copy it to murc my spelling seems to be deteriorating….
                      And the quick reply don’t help either…

Comment

Working...
                      X