5.84 Drivers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.84 Drivers...

New Win2k/XP drivers for G200, G4x0, G550 boards...

"And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

I'll see what they do for my 16mb G400...
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Nice one! The Neverwinter Nights chrome bug has been fixed with the new ICD included in this driver set.

Thanks to Greebe for passing this along, and good job Matrox.

Heed
      Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Infinite loop been fixed???
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Jedi Knight II runs a bit better!!!
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Jedi Knight II runs a bit better!!!

Me have Marvel G400.

Comment

well, Quake3 no longer crashes with the sound hiccuping,.. (which i'd previously solved by lowering all of the eye-candy).
              You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Damn can't enable AGPx1 again its starting to anoy me
                Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

seems to work better than the 5.82's under Windows XP on a G400MAX, but it still has some GUI problems here and there (the background bmp in Control Panels when you have the candy style Control Panels interface enabled, for instance)...
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Well, I think I spoke too soon. There still seems to be some issues with the ICD and Neverwinter Nights. The chrome has been cut down, but it is still too strong. It shows up on models with transparencies when it should not.

Below is a shot that shows this effect-- the top shot shows the unwanted chrome effect on a transparent section, and the bottom shot shows what it should look like:

Heed.
                    Thought thinks itself.

Comment

counterstrike and tribes 2 run like a diashow.
                      diablo 2 fails to start cause it cant initialize the direct3d interface.

ive had this problem before. had to uninstall and reinstall many times and it suddenly worked. matrox has to do something about their installer there.

Comment

hehe, never had a problem with the installer, has always worked quite well for me...

odd though...

Comment

Working...
                        X