GRRR at Guru3D (matrox e3 coverage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRR at Guru3D (matrox e3 coverage)

Quote: "Matrox had a booth but they only had three LCD flat screen monitors set up with a Quake 3 looping demo running and no video cards to show. I was not impressed by the quality of the video so I did not even bother to take a picture. Maybe next time they will put a little more effort into showing off their products. The Reps had nothing of interest to say either. "

GRRRRRRrrrrrrr..

then after that he show's a geforce4 4200 displayed on only "two" monitors ? what a "CENSORED...."

-AD

edit - yeah sorry it wasnt E3 .. my mistake
    Last edited by AD; 28 May 2002, 03:47.
    www.cornidesign.com

This isn't from e3.. it's from the amd tech tour..

oh and he's a nvidia fan ..

boi
    Last edited by mute; 27 May 2002, 18:21.
    :::muted:::

Comment

that's a pretty low blow on Guru's part (Marty Wall) but as we know people can be biased.

besides isn't it AMD's tech tour? why would Matrox give a rats ass about anyone there? maybe if they sold their GPU's to board manufacutures, but they don't. i would like to give props to Matrox for being there period.
      no harm, no foul.

Comment

i hear the nvidia thing was impressive though, even Mark Rein (sp?) said that nvidias HDTV showing was very impressive

Comment

Alot of editors arround is nVidiots..... WHY!!

Comment

"O" yeah, NVIDIA was there and they showed off the Geforce 4 Ti 4600 video card for me. Of course they water-mouthed me with a demonstration of twin-view technology. This was impressive and mind bogling, check out what this baby can do.
            This made me laugh so hard, wait till he sees what Matrox can do with triple head!

These guys can be easily amused lol!

Comment

guess where nvidia got the idea for twin-view from
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Haha, I always enjoy a good laugh!

Comment

Where does nVidia get all their ideas from?
                  Other companies.
                  They are incapable of creative inovations of their own.
                  They copied Dualhead.
                  They copied bumpmapping.
                  They even copy other companies naming schemes to try to gain recognition for other's products (it wasn't long after G400 came out that nVidia changed their product names to GeForce..G-FOURhundred...GeFORce...hmmm...coincidence? I don't think so).
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

To be honest, the dual output of the GF4Tis can be pretty cool, especially for things like the Squid demo. But that still doesn't excuse the treatment of the Parhelia looping Q3 over 3 monitors, lol. (Sooo much cooler than watching the squid demo on 2 monitors).

I like my 4600, I really do. But many of these editors/reporters need to get real. It's great to say the 4600's are good cards, and can do nice stuff (even impressive stuff), but be honest about the competition, will ya guys?
                    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yeah, the gf4 is almost as good as the G400 in dualhead
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Yet the G400 was announced more than 3 years ago!

Well, that was my contribution to the fanboyism nature of this thread!(Don't hit me!!!)

Comment

Yes, novdid. This is true. nVidia is only now catching up in the multimonitor arena with the once (and present) king of dual displays. That's why the Parhelia is that much more impressive, imo.

I was waiting forever, it seems like, for a multimonitor capable 3D card that could also play the eye-candy rich games I like; once they did and I bought one, THEN Matrox decides to put out something not only comparable, but even better, lol. UGH. Oh well, there's always next year's piggy bank to rob. Please Matrox, just stay in the game this time.
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
                          X