Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia512(new)

Looks like the Alpha Board ....

A big heatsink and a small fan .. I don't think it will make much noise.

EDIT

Beta ---> Alpha
    Last edited by Kosh Naranek; 27 May 2002, 10:00.
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Appears to be a board of the same level (if not the same board) as the alpha we saw earlier. The back of the card seems pretty occupied...
      Edit: Kosh was first

Comment

Actually I think that is one of the alpha boards.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Actually, I think this may be one of the alpha boards that are out there.
          KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

can any of you see how much ram it has?
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

It's 256 megs of 128 bit 3.3ns RAM, 300 MHz DDR. It's arranged in pairs to allow a 256 bit bus proper memory access.

Discover the latest in electronic & smart appliance technology with Samsung. Find the next big thing from smartphones & tablets to laptops & tvs & more.

Comment

The only thing I could think of that would suggest is not alpha is that there are FCC and CE compliance logos. Would they print them on prototype PCBs ?

Still it does not mean that the board is production. Maybe a beta or prototype, with a large heatsink to do some extremes tests, but on the final version of the PCB ?

Comment

If you look at the top photo, you can see what looks like room for a SVHS port inbetween the two DVI connectors. Also looks like there is space left around the top DVI connector to put a D-Sub in there instead.

Ali

Comment

Yes, and the fan cable is 3-pin, why? Is there some "hardware monetoring" systems here?

This must be a beta board, No way Matrox is releasing a board with THIS big fam

Comment

There is a place for a chip between the GPU and the RAM... There is i white sticker there now, what to you think this is????

Comment

i DONT KNOW BUT IN THE SIDE VIEW IT HAS WRITING ON IT.

YEAH IT LOOKS LIKE THERES SOMETYPE OF SETUP FOR AN UNUSED OUTPUT IN BETWEEN

ALSO WHAT ARE THOSE HOLES FOR IN THE PCB ADJACENT THE ONE OUTPUT. LOOKS HEAVY DUTY.

HMMMM???
                        P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
                        MSI 645 Ultra
                        256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
                        Matrox Marvel G200
                        etc...
                        ect....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Marvel
                          i DONT KNOW BUT IN THE SIDE VIEW IT HAS WRITING ON IT.

YEAH IT LOOKS LIKE THERES SOMETYPE OF SETUP FOR AN UNUSED OUTPUT IN BETWEEN

ALSO WHAT ARE THOSE HOLES FOR IN THE PCB ADJACENT THE ONE OUTPUT. LOOKS HEAVY DUTY.

HMMMM???
                          those holes are for mounting a D-Sub connector, like was previously pointed out with the solder points.

and, on another note, my G400MAX had a 3 pin fan connector too... Matrox has been doing that on cards for a while....
                          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I think that's an alpha board, oh wait, 12 people have said that already
                            System 1:
                            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                            Epox 8K7A
                            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                            SBLIVE 5.1
                            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                            3Com Hardware Modem
                            Teac 20/10/40 burner
                            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I think that's an alpha board.

Yannick: With PCBs, you never know what the "last" revision will be.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X