Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1394 between two camcorders? GL 1 questions too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1394 between two camcorders? GL 1 questions too.

Elie comes to mind when I think of GL1 or XL1 advice. :-) I'll be happy to hear any other advice as well!

Here's what I'd like to do. Caputure footage using a 3ccd camera, transfer it via firewire to my Sony TRV 310 (dig 8) for the purpose of cheap archiving onto Hi-8 tapes.

Will the 1394 capabilities allow me to do a straight dub like that between two different makes of camera? If so, I'd prefer to do that over taking it to the computer, and back out to the other camera.

I currently only have the digital 8 camera. The events I shoot look much better (after editing) using two camera angles. I plan to use the digital 8 as my Tripod camera, and am looking for a 3 chip camera to do my walking around with.

Elie, I've done one wedding (hoping for more!), many dance events, and have opportunities to jump on if I get better source quality. I'm also looking at working with the broadcast department at our church. They have an excellent crew that deals with a regular Spot on TV each week.

Here's what I'm asking:

1) I shoot many low-light scenes and have read the praises of the xl1 and Gl1. Can you tell me if these are appropriate purchases?

2) Are these cameras good for walking around and shooting? My dig 8 is a bit too small and hard to control when I'm watching where I walk.

3) Do you reccomened starting with the Gl1 first? (I won't bring in money any quicker if I have an Xl1).

I'm hoping to start with the Gl1 and move up to the Xl1 if my projects prove profitable. :-)

Thanks a bunch!

Sam from Dayton, OH

Cel 450a, 96mb, win 98 se, Marvel g200, Pyro 1394 card, MSP 6.0 le, 13.0 WD, 40.0 Maxtor, 6.4 WD (system drive).

[This message has been edited by Bellsr (edited 01 June 2000).]

I'll pretend that I'm Elie for a moment - "Go, Leafs, Go!!!"

Regarding your question about the 1394 transfer, you should notice NO difference in image quality if you transfer video from any DV to D8 unit (or vice versa). This is the beauty of digital information.

As far as the rest of your questions go, you'll have to get the real Elie.

Comment

Working...
    X