How high can my Asus A7V133 go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high can my Asus A7V133 go?

On the Asus website it says my Asus A7V133 will go up to 1.3+ Ghz!

Anybody here know (perhaps from your own experience) if I can put a faster processor in the thing than 1.3 Ghz?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

How high can my Asus A7V133 go?
    As high as you throw it!

What BIOS version are you using? If you are using ver 1007 or newer it supports AMD Athlon XP CPUs!
    Last edited by Guru; 26 May 2002, 13:27.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well I'm currently running whatever bios version it had when I bought it, but guess I could just get a new one.

Do you know if it will support any XP CPU or only up to a certain "limit"?
      If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Flash the BIOS and check how far the multiplier goes!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I've got a 1.4 in mine, i think the multipllier goes to 12.5x on the bios im using.
          Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

I had to quit my A7V133 because it wouldn´t run my XP1600+ on Win2k!!! Really. It worked fine on winMe but it took less than 1 minute to BSOD on 2k. It must have been a bios issue, it was up to 1007 if I can remember. It was working fine with a Athlon 900, as it was now as wife´s computer

I don´t really know if that was fixed by now. I didn´t really have the time to wait, so I got a ECS K7S5A, and that was the beginning of a very good relationship

Comment

What settings does it have in the BIOS then?
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I have a A7V board (via686A)1008, however when i got a 1.2GHz Duron from a friend who had one too many i flashed it to ver 1010A from ftp.asuscom.de (i always check there then at the main site) and saw it supports a multiplier of up to 14x so for your MB you should be able to support up to 1862 MHz which should be around XP2000+ to XP2200 (dont know exactly). This is unofficial of course so you should try out a chip before buying. XPs are supported as far as i know.
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Well I'm currently running a 800 duron, so anything would be a step up, but it's nice to know I have the possibility to go as high as I want, should I feel the urge

Guess I'll be flashing my bios

Thanks all...

Comment

Working...
                  X