Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making Dual Monitor Colors Don't Match - Hints? Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Dual Monitor Colors Don't Match - Hints? Tips?

An ongoing problem with my 400Max is getting the color on both monitors to match. I'm running twin IBM 2237 C71's but the Max sees one of the monitors as a "6547". I'm running the 2237 C71 color profile downloaded from IBM on both monitors, but I can never seem to get an exact color match - the monitor identified as a 6547 just cannot be adjusted to give a pure white, etc<p>
    It's definitely a Max issue, as switching monitor cables migrates the problem to the other monitor.<p>
    Any ideas or tips...? I'm running the 1.5.022 Bios. Would loading a later bios have any effect on this?
    =========================
    <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
    Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
    and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
    | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

wait...

if you move the cable and the problem moves...isn't it the cable that is suspect???

do the the monitors switch IDs' when you do this????

have you tried switching the primary monitor in the dual-head setup using the matrox property sheets?

are you running the same res and color depth on both displays??

don't know about the bios but the release notes on Ms' site might help

cc

Comment

G400 only has gamma/color control for the primary head.
      Your best bet for a match is to NOT adjust the primary display from PowerDesk, or with any color profiles. Nothing you can do on the PC end willl change the color of the secondary display.
      Set everything back to default, and only use the monitors own controls to adjust the colors...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X