Question about Sound Cards with Digital-Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Sound Cards with Digital-Input

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a (hopefully cheap) sound card with digital input and output for use with video captures. I hope to be able to transfer the digital soundtracks on laserdiscs I own to DVD-compliant files using this, and I hope to use the digital out to hook the sound card directly into my reciever. I would especially like to know if there are options with optical digital input that aren't as expensive as getting a SB Live MP3+ and the Live Drive 2 (~ $250). 3d gaming is a non-issue for me (I'm keeping my Marvel G200 for that reason), I just want clear sound. I've heard of problems with the digital input/output hardware with the SB Live's, and also that they interfere with signals that aren't 44.1khz, and I was wondering if that is still the case. Incidently, I currently own a SB 64AWE Value ISA, and I'm noticing very audible hiss on any WAV or MP3 playback and a lot of hiss introduced with captured audio. (and I'm bypassing the Marvel's BOB, so I know the problems are in the SB64)
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

The Turtle Beach Montego II Plus is around $100.

The Zoltix Nightingale is cheaper but requires the card + addon. It's been the subject of talk in alt.audio.minidisc.

Comment

Lawrence:
      Thank you! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! All of my favorite sound cards have been non-Creative Labs, and it looks as though that trend will continue. (If my old Pro Audio 16 Basic still worked, I would still be using it)

Comment

Working...
      X