Opening a 2nd IE in full screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a 2nd IE in full screen

For some reason under 98 when I open a 2nd IE screen or do a windoze update it always opens in a small window. How do I persuade it to open full screen. It's got to be the registry.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Have you tried clearing out all your I.E caches etc. ?

I can strongly recommend PurgeIE .. It can protect the cookies you want to keep ~ like the one from MURC etc.
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Opening a new IE window will always result in a partial screen window, what I have done is take the little window that opens up, pull the edges until it's as good as full screen, then open another and do the same, then I close the two windows and close the primary window last. Then next time, it should open close enough to full screen as not to annoy you.

Rags

Comment

in win98 using 5.5sp2 it goes to same size as previous window, so if my window is maximized, the new window will be maximized too....

what version of IE do you have PIT, i doubt it could be an issue, but maybe it is...
        <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
        VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
        Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
        128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
        Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
        Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
        Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
        Realtek 8029A NIC Card
        Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
        Actima 36X CD-Rom
        Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
        Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
        Windows 2000 (primary)
        Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

F11 key ???????????

cc

Comment

IE6. It always used to open full screen but it hasn't done for months. It doesn't seem to want to remeber the last window settings.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
              Opening a new IE window will always result in a partial screen window, what I have done is take the little window that opens up, pull the edges until it's as good as full screen, then open another and do the same, then I close the two windows and close the primary window last. Then next time, it should open close enough to full screen as not to annoy you.

Rags
              no ... not on my XP it don't .. it opens up full screen
              Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
              incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

How you opening a new window, are you going to File, New, Window? If I do that the new window comes up small but clicking on the IE icon on the Quick Launch bar it opens a new windows full screen
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Right click on the shortcut. Select whether you want to launch the program full screen or in normal windows. That should help.

p.s. I believe if you want the windows to remember the size every time it launches, do a Left SHIFT+CLOSE window (or is it Left CTRL+CLOSE). I usually hold down SHIFT+CTRL+CLOSE.

Originally posted by Taz
                  How you opening a new window, are you going to File, New, Window? If I do that the new window comes up small but clicking on the IE icon on the Quick Launch bar it opens a new windows full screen

Comment

Originally posted by blacklotus
                    Right click on the shortcut. Select whether you want to launch the program full screen or in normal windows. That should help.
                    That's fine when you open IE for the first time but is irrelevant if you open a new window by going to File, New, Window
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

For me, I do this:

1) set all shortcuts to open at max. rather than normal window.
                      2) open just 1 IE window (any version of IE since 4) for the whole desktop and no other application nor window.
                      3) right click on Taskbar, choose Tile Horizontal or Tile Vertical.
                      4) maximize the IE window by using the maximize icon on upper right corner.
                      5) close this IE window by using the LEFT SHIFT+LEFT CTRL+CLOSE command.

Now, when launching all my IE windows, they are maximised, even if I go by File, New and Window. (or the shortcut Ctrl-N)

Works for me so far...last fresh reinstall of Win98SE and IE6 is Feb 2002. Done all the critical patches from then as well...

Originally posted by Taz

That's fine when you open IE for the first time but is irrelevant if you open a new window by going to File, New, Window

Comment

Working...
                      X