New Matrox Parhelia Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matrox Parhelia Preview

I'm pleased to announce that I finally completed the <a href="http://www.cypherlabs.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&re q=viewarticle&artid=1&page=1">preview</a> of the Parhelia for Cypherlabs.com.

I know... I mentioned that I would have it done this past weekend, but it turned out longer than I had originally expected.

I personally think it turned out reasonably well, but I am issuing a disclaimer: It hasn't been properly edited by a third-party yet. So if anyone reads it, catchs a glaring error and feels like helping out, drop me an email at kaminski@darkness.net. General feedback is welcome too, as this is my first major computer journalism piece.

Twas the third Generation of G series cards... G100 (2D only), G200 (first all in one 3D offering), G400 2nd generation...

Still reading
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Uggg it's late and me brain just knocked at the door and said GOTO BED!
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

No offense or anything, but your font is way to small for easy reading. Increasing the size would do wonders for easier reading... I'm gonna continue it tomorrow after a good nights rest.

I dunno maybe its the fact that its well past 12:30AM here and my eye's have had it.
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

and what a Packard Bell 14" monitor?

No concern for me... my sweet Cornerstone 21" displays it nice & crisp at 1600x1200 res.

Comment

D'oh! Thanks Greebe. The generation mistake has been fixed.

As for the font... I personally don't have a problem with it, but I could see how someone else might. Perhaps I'll turn on the option to choose your own theme. I think some of the other ones have larger fonts. Of course, you have to register to change the theme. Clever, eh?

Comment

Page 2:
              >AGP host interface designed for up to AGP 8X bandwidths
              >PCI 2.2, AGP 2.0 and AGP 3.0
              It is only a AGP 2.0 (4XAGP) card, Haig has verified that.
              <font size="1">Game system: P4 1.8@2.4 - Asus P4S533 - 512 MB DDR333 - 30Gb IBM hd - AOpen Geforce 3 Ti200 - 19" Samsung SyncMaster 900SL plus
              Work computer: IBM ThinkPad T23 - 1,13GHz Intel P3 - 640Mb Ram - 30Gb hd - S3 Savage.
              Server: 566 MHz Celeron - 640Mb SDRAM - 130Gb hd space - Matrox G100</font>

Comment

Yes the font is a little small not everyone has got perfect eye sight and bigger than 19 inch monitors.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hrm. Thanks for that update, Voyager3D. As you might have guessed, I pulled that directly from the press kit on the Matrox website. I'll go fix that now.

Then it's time for bed. ("Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" --Ralph Wiggum)

Comment

and what a Packard Bell 14" monitor?
                    I don't have a 14 inch monitor, I have a 17 inch running at 1024x768, but its still a bit small, and a little tough on the eyes.

I guess I'll have to update my sig to reflect that
                    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

First I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my humble preview, rough edges and all. (side note: I'm really not happy with that first paragraph, arguably the most important one in the whoel thing. I need to rewrite that.)

The issue of font size is being investigated. I want to have options available to suit all tastes. The current style sheets being used, however, lock everyone into the smaller font. I'll get that hashed out soon, as not to alienate chunks of our audience.

Comment

I 2 think the font is a bit small! Was using 1280x960 on a 19" monitor when I read the article!
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

ChronosZero,

I must say that was a very very good (P)review of the Parhelia!

You addressed more than the other sites (Anand & Tom)

Sorry for making a big deal about the font size.
                          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:

Mini:

Server:

Comment

This is a very good preview!

Much better than THG! :-)

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate the support. It's very nice to know we might just be reaching our goal of quality content that rivals the "big boys". (Although not too hard in THG's case on this topic. )

And I would also like to say thanks to the hundreds of people that took time to check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X