• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an OUTRAGE!

Dark Angel has been cancelled.

CANCELLED!

How is this POSSIBLE?

HOW ELSE AM I GONNA SEE JESSICA ALBA IN SPANDEX EVERY WEEK!?!?!?

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Re: It's an OUTRAGE!

Originally posted by Gurm
    Dark Angel has been cancelled.
    HOW ELSE AM I GONNA SEE JESSICA ALBA IN SPANDEX EVERY WEEK!?!?!?
    See, this is the kind of thing that drives people into that stalking stuff.

Maybe you should bribe some game company to make the usual unsuccessful conversion from TV to Tomb Raiderish game... Of course mentioning that it would be really great if Jessica utilized some of those new Displacement Mapping techniques

Comment

That with the RSN feature included?
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

For Lizzie...

OMG... they can't do that,... that's one of my favorite shows!
        She refuses to post anymore
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Que? Why does she refuse to post?

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I think the reason can be found here...

Comment

Talk about coincidences.

The wife and I were just discussing how all the good tv shows are being systematically killed off. I don't know how they're justifying ending Dark Angel (I watched it, and I thought it was pretty popular), but for many of the others I've seen things like the following:

1) Take a pretty popular show and move it to some god-forsaken timeslot (say, Friday's at 8PM to Sundays at 10PM) without even so much as advertising the new timeslot. Viewers see that the show's been replaced (the next time they tune in to watch it and something else is on in its place), but never find out that it's actually still on, in the new slot. Ratings drop since none of the existing fan base knows when to watch, and the show is cancelled within the next season.

2) Take a pretty popular show that is primarily centered around 2 or 3 actors, to which the fans get attached (due to a continuing storyline or some such), then hire replacement actors, either killing off the originals, sending them on extended trips elsewhere, having the characters graduate high school / college (etc., take your pick) and split up, going their own way (sometimes this is because of the actors in question deciding to move on, sometimes it's the writers/producers wanting to take the show in a new direction- yeah, RIGHT. Straight off the air). The ratings drop as disenchanted fans leave immediately, and other less disenchanted fans that follow along fail to get invested in the new characters and gradually just stop watching. Show is cancelled within the next two seasons, if not within the next season.

3) A popular show, written by well-established writers, who produce storylines and plots that the fans enjoy suddenly changes writers, and the storylines and plots from then on start lacking in the original quality. Fans stop watching. Ratings slide. Show is cancelled, often before completing the season.

I've been down to two or three shows I really watched in the last year (Dark Angel, Enterprise, Smallville), and maybe one or two others I occasionally caught, as the mood struck (X-Files). Of these, Dark Angel is being cancelled now, Enterprise's plot lines are sometimes pretty thin, Smallville's moving slots (at least they had the foresight to tell us this at the season finale) and the characters around which it revolves are preparing to graduate high school, and X-Files just had it's series finale (where they FINALLY got the original agents back, after having tried to substitute two new characters for the past ~2 years)..

Looks to be a dry season ahead.
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

?

Comment

might be time to try a letter campain to save these shows and teach the tv execs the4 errors of their ways

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

They've just finished showing season 2 of Dark Angel here. Did they make any more?

T.
                    FT.

Comment

I never liked the show anyway.

Alba does nothing for me.

amish
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Nope. No more. That's it. Sad, ain't it?

I dunno. The show was silly at times, and I was going to give up on it late in season 1... but the season 1 cliffhanger and the first couple shows from season 2 really got to me for some reason.

- Gurm

Comment

the anwser is 'Spandex'
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

No no, it was the plotlines. The spandex kept me watching from episode 1 onward.

- Gurm

Comment

Of course, it COULD be the highly-improbable thought that several international conspiracies were, in fact, conducting 100% of their operations within driving distance of Seattle.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X