X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs of G400TV capture

Hello all,

A bit of background before my question:

I'm getting rid of my Hauppauge WinTV PVR coz it's a load of rubbish. It was an ideal card at first being PCI, it went well with my GeForce 2. However, the captures are very poor and the software is very buggy.

With the Marvel G200 TV not being sold on Matrox.com anymore, I'm prepared to sacrifice my GeForce2's gaming power for decent TV capture and get a Marvel G400 TV. A friend of mine has one and the results it produces are great.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but the search function of this site is not working.

What resolutions and bitrates does the G400 TV capture in? Matrox.com don't seem to go into this much detail with their product descriptions.

I like to capture from my VCR too sometimes but my friend has had problems with this. Is the Macrovision patch all that's needed to get it working or is there further fiddling required?

That is all

It captures 704x480 max, but also supports halfD1 (352x480), quarter frame (352x240) and 160x120.

You can, depending on the drivers and/or patches applied, capture in MJPeg, RGB uncompressed or YUY2 uncompressed. When capturing with AVI_IO or VirtualDUB you can capture with many software codecs as well.

In MSPro, and with YUY2 support in the drivers, you can also capture direct to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 if you have a fast system (1 ghz for full frame minimum).

Using driver for which a Macrovision patch has been created is a very good idea.

This is essential for capturing off commercial tapes and is even handy for degraded tapes, which very often the Marvel's copy protection would otherwise take to be a Macrovision protected tape.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I'm farmiliar with V Dub and all the software codecs because the quality of the WinTV PVR hardware MPEG2 is so poor I rarely use it.

While I'm thinking about it, is Virtual Dub able to capture full frame using the G400's hardware? (in effect, replacing the need to use the Matrox PC-VCR software, which I'm sure is good but I'm used to V Dub)!

Comment

Working...
      X