Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone is trying to patent pop-under ads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone is trying to patent pop-under ads!

I am a bit abivalent about this, but this is the absolute dumbest patent that I have ever heard of.

No, the dumbest patent was the guy who was patenting a "new way to swing, on a swing".

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Let them patent it.

That way we know where to drop the napalm.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Perhaps it is a way of getting rid of pop-unders...?
        Just demand extremely high prices for the usage of your patented property, and - as it is unlikely people would pay these prices - the pop-unders will disappear...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm happy about all this in a rather strange way... now at least we can put a face on the arseholes responcible.

Anyone live around Portland?
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

What about Tomahawk's?
            No need to be near....
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ok the swing is worse but this is still extremely stupid for around two lines of javascript. Maybe I should patent a procedure that lnks one document to another.

Comment

Sorry HJ, British Telecom already has that one, and is trying to enforce it. They're suing Prodigy right now.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                X