PDA

View Full Version : Will Parhelia run Morrowind?

OdGregg
21st May 2002, 18:18
Hi there,

I've been playing Morrowind for a while on my G400 and it looks great, but could be running faster (it's still playable though).

I'm considering upgrading my video card for the first time in ages (ie. I got a G400 early on) and was going to go for a nVidia card.... until I got that email from Matrox :)

But I have a question. Will the Parhelia run Morrowind fine?

Once test cards start going out, I'd love to see one of the sites trying out Morrowind, as it currently is one of the system hogs graphics wise.

Anyway, probably still a few weeks away from someone being able to try this. And it'd be nice to see how it runs with FAA enabled as well.

-Richard

ps. Oh, I assume the Morrowind engine wouldn't support Surround Gaming :D

OdGregg
21st May 2002, 18:39
Yeah, I'm sure it will run.... But will it run well :)

-Richard

TdB
22nd May 2002, 06:07
i have heard some rumors(at beyond3d i think), that a parhelia got 50fps while looking at the water.

Guru
22nd May 2002, 06:30
Originally posted by TDB
i have heard some rumors(at beyond3d i think), that a parhelia got 50fps while looking at the water.

Read the same thing on atis forum and on OCN! Where the compared it to a Radeon 8500 that got 18 frames on the same plase with less details turned on!

Novdid
22nd May 2002, 06:45
Sounds excellent!:p

OdGregg
22nd May 2002, 14:53
See Buddman..... I'm not the only person interested in this :cool:

So where's a link to that reference?

-RIchard

BuddMan
22nd May 2002, 18:47
Haha, to tell you the truth I'm pretty interested myself. I didn't mean to rag on you though man. I'll post anything here if I find out anything though.