WTF is up with the Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is up with the Weather?

Its May 21 and only a month away till Summer Starts in the Northern Hemispere....but what the hell is the deal with the Temps on the East Coast? A month ago it was nearly 95 degrees out and today theres an expected high temp of 59 degrees out, when it normally should be around 70+ out. Whats going on? Warm Winter, cold summer?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Its normal here in the UK
    A little bit of sun, rain, rain, rain and more rain!

MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

It's Le Onin. A new phenomenon that indicates bizarrely ****ed-up water temperatures over 90% of the globe, but only affects east-coast USA.

Oh, and also "global cooling", which is a relatively unexplored phenomenon related to "white-house gasses".

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Today's high in KC is supposed to hit 68 F (20 C). In the 15 years I have lived here, its normally in the 80+ F (27+ C) by now.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Well I can say I certainly do appreciate the cool front passing through here in the last couple of days... we've only had rain three times in the last 2.5 months and way above average temps. Today the temps are right at normal (28c) but have been at this temp or much higher for the last 2.

It's a welcome breather that for sure, but I wish we had part of the rain that the midwest has seen over the last month or so.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

HERE TOO SCOTT!!!!!!!!!

i cant take it anymore. i made the mistake of packing up my winter clothes when it got really hot in April... bad mistake.. cos those are now in my attic.. haha i keep washing the only sweatshirt i have left and wearing it out over my clothes
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

So far this month has been around normal temps and rainfall may break the average if keeps raining this week. Nothing special is happening.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Last Saturday, it snowed
                Upper NH got several inches, seriously fxcked
                System 1:
                AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                Epox 8K7A
                2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                SBLIVE 5.1
                Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner
                Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Yeah, it sucks. I was looking forward to all the girls wearing almost nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
                    Yeah, it sucks. I was looking forward to all the girls wearing almost nothing
                    We're all looking forward to that! It's the general image congured up by our sick little minds when someone mentions the word "summer"!
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Here in good old Canada in Alberta they have a snow storm warning!!! SNOW!!! More freaking snow!!! Damn you!
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

And there is supposed to be rampant global warming?

And they wonder why so many question the gloom & doom scenarios

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

It's been like this (cept for the rain... if it actually happens) for two months now here.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

here's another... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                              And there is supposed to be rampant global warming?

And they wonder why so many question the gloom & doom scenarios

Dr. Mordrid
                              One of the effects of global warming is that you will get more extremes. It seems like you're getting them.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X