• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hangup in capture

Sorry for my not good english...

I have some little problem... Help me pls

(I'm using marvel g200 and WinXP)

1) No record button in matrox VCR.

2) I use AVI_IO to capture from VHS (PAL System). If I try to capture frames with flash light (eg. photoshot service) AVI_IO drop all frames but don't stop itself. Some problem when I try to capture from defective VHS sources.

Thx For all help.

Buongiorno, Stark

Marvel G-200 and XP do not marry well. You'ld be far better off dual-booting to WIN 98SE and using that for capture.

Your problem #1 is because you are using FD HuffYUV-Matrox interface that eliminates the record button (this is documented in the download).

Cannot answer the second one.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Grazie Brian,

I know... But i capture very well in XP using AVI_IO or VirtualDUB, the only prob is when it start dropping frames when either there is a tape fault, or when a frame is full of a single color (like a white or gray wall or a very strong flash).

Comment

Hi there,

these problems occur because the VideoForWindows capture driver isnĀ“t totally stable under XP. With cheats and tweaks discussed all over this forum, you can get pretty good capturing under XP with your Marvel, but if the input video signal is unstable, the capture driver will halt anyway, no matter what you try.

landrover
        -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
        2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
        Matrox Parhelia 128
        Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
        Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
        Maxtor 300 GB for video
        Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
        Win XP Pro

At work: