Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook express configuring it too only accept one address.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook express configuring it too only accept one address.

My work email now gets tons of spam is there anyway of setting it up so that only accepts works email address's and chucks the rest away? I've looked under message rules so unless I'm blind there doesn't seem to be one.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

You could set it to move messages from that one person to a different folder.

Comment

Yes, you do want to set up some message rules. Such a rule can have any number of options applied to it to either move or delete incoming mail. The trick is in figureing out how

The brute force way is to set up a list of "blocked senders" (last tab in the rules page). Not very effective when dealing with spammers.

To select to keep mail from just a single, or even several single, sources you can do this in the options;

1. select "When the From line contains people...."

2. select "Delete it..."

3. under Rule Discription select "contains people".

4. in the "Select People" dialog select your "keeper" addresses then click the Options button.

5. under Rule Condition Options click the radio buttons labeled "Message does not contain people below" and OK your way out to the main rules dialog.

6. save the rule with a distinctive name such as "Keepers list"

Now any mail from anywhere other than what you have in this rule will be deleted. Anything can be added to the list as long as it has a defineable "From" characteristic.

If you keep this rule at the TOP of the rules list it'll act as a primary filter. Other rules below it in the list can be used to move the "keepers" to folders of their own.

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 May 2002, 11:51.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks I'll have a try tomorrow.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

A simple way of getting spam at work. Now if I can find the git who gave my email address out.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X