Doom 3 - 2003 :¬(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3 - 2003 :¬(

UT2003 will have to keep everyone occupied until then.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

According Amazon Release Date: 29 November, 2002 (a bit before christmas)

Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

i cannot wait any longer for this to come out

when is coming soon? its already may.... oh boy.. i bet they will bring it out for christmas to push it
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Didn't you know?

All the programmers for DoomIII took productivity classes from the BitBoys Institution Of How to Get Things Done Oy!!

Rags

Comment

Same with Duke Nukem Forever.. might as well have called it Duke Nukem Never.

Comment

Here's a slightly modified version of the pic, from 3D Realms DNF forum:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

will OpenGL begin to use DX extensions such as pixel and vertex shaders
                DX extensions? Absolutely not. Thinking of them as DX extensions is the wrong mindset. They're graphics routines - algorithms - so they can be implemented wherever. You just need to slap on an extension (simple concept, admittedly hard to do) to an implementation of an OpenGL ICD, and then you have support.

I'm pretty sure that nVidia has at least some shader support in their ICD already.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Don't several of the Q3-engined games already use some shaders? (Even later Q3A patch versions, I thought)
                  "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                  Gainward Ti4600
                  AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

By the way......
                    When Do they say we can expect to se Duke Nukem Forever...?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake-Eyes
                      Don't several of the Q3-engined games already use some shaders? (Even later Q3A patch versions, I thought)
                      those quake3-engine shaders is implemented with simple multitexturing/multipass-rendering, which is why they work on non-dx8 gpus.

i think they are called shaders in q3, because they are programmable subroutines that is added on a texture, you can actually add your own shaders in q3, in a C-like script language.

same filosofi as dx8 shaders but done in software.

btw opengl 1.4 will have dx9-like vertex shaders, they are called vertex programs in opengl, and I expect parhelia to support them.
                      Last edited by TdB; 21 May 2002, 14:24.
                      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

nVidia's ICD already supports vertex shaders, IIRC. It was interesting that Linux supported a graphics feature before DX.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by [GDI]Raptor
                          By the way......
                          When Do they say we can expect to se Duke Nukem Forever...?
                          Since 1999 the company line has been: "When it's Ready."

Comment

No, you cannot pre-order the game. If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too). There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story.

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

and they mean it too.
                            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Is it me.. or does Duke now look like Drew Carey with muscles?
                              Attached Files
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X