lcd monitor recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd monitor recomendations

i am looking for 2 maybe 3 lcd monitors to buy with my next pc. is there much difference between a say $250 model and a $600 one. i would like to get a model with a small a bezel as possible for multi monitor use but do not want to pay over the odds for one. the budget may just be able to stretch to a cheap 17 or 18 inch model but i would rather a good 15 inch than a poor 17inch really. anybody know of any worth considering. where would be the cheapest place to buy them from ion the usa? thank you
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

We had a thread about this about a month ago, damn where was it and no serch.....

Have a look between 4 to 6 weeks ago for a lcd monitor thread

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I believe it is this one:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Note that Parhelia is only able to drive 2 digital flat panels, the third head is strictly analogue. And a flat panel doesn't make much sense if it's not digital IMHO

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

thanks guys much appreciated
          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Well, in the nature of the thing, converting a signal from digital to analogue, sending it over a cable, and then converting it back to digital doesn't make much sense, now does it?

And there are quite a few panels that have synch problems when driven analogue, causing them to flicker, when one of the main advantages of flat panels is a totally stable, flicker-free image.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I would per say agree with that AZ, yes it's rather dumb to go digital-analog-digital, but we've always known the limitations of other makes analog output vs what Matrox can do.

Now when mentioning flicker free... most flat panels that are cost effective to their crt brothers cost wise are inferior in max res/strip-dot pitch/contrast ratio/refresh rates even tho lcd's refresh the entire screen which is an advantage, 60Hz is simply not enough for most users.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X