X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing I really want from a new M card

Real support for monitor frequencies!

I have an LG795FT+
    It has support for frequencies over 85Hz. It support 85Hz up to 1280*1024. It's full DCC compliant.

I had a GeForce connected to it (a customer's PC). It played DX games in 800*600@85Hz. The nVidiot card used 85Hz everytime it was possible.
    Then, I installed a program that automatically enabled all the higher refresh. So, games went to 800*600@110Hz.

I have connected to it a Voodo card. The same, with the difference that the Voodo had the use of higher res without the need for the third part program.

I have tried with a Radeon. Would you imagine? It acted exactly like the Voodo.

Woha!
    I own a G400. The king of 2d. The king on quality. The best output you can have.

Yeah. All games goes at 60Hz. The card refuse to see frequencies over 85Hz.
    And Matrox has two answers:
    1) It's Microsoft will
    2) You can use P'desk to program all resolution manually.

MA PORCA PUTTANA!!!! (italian imprecation)

How can a videocard maker elect himself as the king of quality and 2d and do things like this?

This is the only problem I have with Matrox. I really hope to see a real solution on this matter...pay the guy who has done the same for nVidiots for doing it for you, at least!!!!!!

Byez.
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

make a monitor profile!
    it takes 5 minutes of tweaking and then you have all the refreshrates you want.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Drizzt see this and this thread.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

PEBKAC
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          PEBKAC
          what does that mean?

Comment

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

aha!

Comment

Re: The only thing I really want from a new M card

Originally posted by Drizzt
                [B]Real support for monitor frequencies!

I have an LG795FT+
                It has support for frequencies over 85Hz. It support 85Hz up to 1280*1024. It's full DCC compliant.

I had a GeForce connected to it (a customer's PC). It played DX games in 800*600@85Hz. The nVidiot card used 85Hz everytime it was possible.
                You must have been using it on a win9x system.

I have connected to it a Voodo card. The same, with the difference that the Voodo had the use of higher res without the need for the third part program.
                Again, this must have been on a win9x system. Matrox cards behave the same.

I have tried with a Radeon. Would you imagine? It acted exactly like the Voodo.
                See above

Woha!
                I own a G400. The king of 2d. The king on quality. The best output you can have.

Yeah. All games goes at 60Hz. The card refuse to see frequencies over 85Hz.
                Wrong! Since you are obviously using win2k or winxp, you should learn how to set your display modes. There have been numerous threads on how to do this with the Matrox drivers. Incidently, Matrox is the only mfr that actually INCLUDES a way to do this with their drivers without having to resort to third party apps to do it for you. You can set it up to run any refresh you wish so long as it's not outside of your monitor's capability.

And Matrox has two answers:
                1) It's Microsoft will
                2) You can use P'desk to program all resolution manually.
                Uhh...duh. Of course you have to set your refresh rates for display modes, at least you don't have to run a separate utility to do this and can save your settings to a file so you can apply those settings when moving between drivers.

MA PORCA PUTTANA!!!! (italian imprecation)

How can a videocard maker elect himself as the king of quality and 2d and do things like this?
                First, this is not isolated to Matrox. ALL cards in win2k and XP behave similarly, only Matrox gives you a workaround included with the drivers. Second, this isn't a 2D issue, it's an accelerated 3D application issue, so you are way off the mark.

This is the only problem I have with Matrox. I really hope to see a real solution on this matter...pay the guy who has done the same for nVidiots for doing it for you, at least!!!!!!

Byez.
                Oh christ, then you really have no issues.

Rags

Comment

Besides which, Matrox never "elected" themselves "king of 2D quality". They simply do what's important to them and the USERS "elect" them king of 2D quality.
                  We seldom attribute common sense except to those who agree with us.

Comment

I persoanlly like PLICK over PEBKAC, it sounds a little more harsh and somewhat more real.

Problem Lies Inbetween Chair and Keyboard.

Still waiting for my Parhelia...

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                    X