What's Going on With the Forum??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Going on With the Forum??

Everytime I post a reply, it gets put in the middle of the thread instead of at the end. Has the forum gone whack today?
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Something weird is really going on here with the times that should show us when the message has been posted. Some threads are showing the times, which are actually in the future (couple of hours ahead). I think..., or am I wrong...

Comment

My posts end up showing up in the past?? I bet this won't come after your post Mikko.

EDIT: Hey, it actually posted correctly this time. Maybe they fixed it.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Earlier today the server's clock was off, so earlier posts gat a later time stamp. It's all fixed now.

Moved to the Site Feedback forum...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Have you guys thought if fixing the search function too? might stop allot of repeat questions if people could search the forum for past topics

Comment

At least some of you were able to post today.
            I kept getting an error telling me I couldn't make
            consecutive posts within 30 seconds of each other.

Me thinks BurstNet Burst a Nut

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Naw it was an lame/inept Burstnet admin that fuxored things up

The forums went down lastnight shortly after midnight. I messaged them to fix nothing changed 25 minutes later and went to bed. That was 12:33am (EST). Now before I did had set up a ping of 1000 in 1 minute intervals, noted the time and let her rip... just so I knew how long it took to fix. It was down ~2.5 hours. Now when the admin did resolve the server problem (most likely a reboot) he appearently wasn't doing what he was suppose to be and set the time to 12:xx (am) on the server. Problem, the server is on 24 hour time. So in an attempt to cover his arse he set the time back from the actual time. Not thinking that beginning at 12:01am the clock time would be 00:01.

It he had set it to the actual time all would have been a none issue. Now somtime back Ant setup a 30sec min delay between posts to prevent abuse. Hence you had to wait at least 30 seconds after the last time you posted. Since the clock was off by 12 hours (I asked them to fix ~12:20pm (EST) today) anyone whom had posted prior to the server clock being set correctly had to wait 12 hours + 30 sec after the last post they made during the timewarp.

He/she/it is busted bigtime, and I for one won't drop it after lastweeks BS with our host threatening to shut us down in what was litterally no warning... if we didn't pay more (for them to host our own server). Not to mention the fecking repeated crashes over the last month.

Needless to say Ant is looking for a new host and there appears to be many good offers so far.

/whew that was a mouthful!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

At least some of you were able to post today.
                I kept getting an error telling me I couldn't make
                consecutive posts within 30 seconds of each other.
                Me too.

Joel
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yeah, that happened to me for awhile too, and then once I could post I was cheering, that until I found my post in the middle of the thread. Glad it's fixed though.
                  System Specs:

Comment

Hurray I can post again.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was hit by this too :?
                      80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Working...
                      X