RE: Dr. Mordrids capture card......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Dr. Mordrids capture card......

Someone posted asking about what capture card I'm using and about the (classified) thing in my SIG.

I posted a reply, but it somehow posed ABOVE the post I was replying to

When I went to delte my message in an attempt to re-order things it also deleted the whole damned THREAD.

Now I'm reallly confused. This forum's getting weird

Anyhow....here's the reply to that persons post;

==========================================

I'll talk about anything but (classified) since it's under HEAVY NDA. I can't even reveal what kind of device it is.
    In other systems I have the following running and working great;

RT-2000 (x1)
    G450-eTV (x2)
    G400-TV (x3)
    Hauppage WinTV Theater (#495) (x1)
    ADS Pyro IEEE-1394 (x4)
    SIIG IEEE-1394 (x1)

I do YUY2/HuffYUV capture with the WinTV, eTV's and G400-TV's. The capture software is AVI_IO. I use YUY2 as the FORMAT and HuffYUV 2.1.1 as the COMPRESSION. This gives a bitrate of about 11-12 mb/s for full frame.
    The WinTV is using the VfW drivers so it can capture full 720x480 frames.

The eTV's have YUY2 enabled and it's available from AVI_IO and other similar capture tools.

The G400-TV's use either the latest YUY2 enabled drivers or the 1.52 video tools & matching display drivers with Flying Dutchmans YUY2 patch. Ignoring any new features put into the later video tools and display drivers the 1.52 drivers, IMHO, work the best with the G400-TV under Win9x.

The RT-2000 can capture either analog or IEEE-1394 as either DV or MPEG-2. It has no uncompressed RGB or YUV/YUY2 capture capability.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 May 2002, 09:51.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

might be that NDA scaring the forum ;-)
    @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Naw it was an lame/inept Burstnet admin that fuxored things up

The forums went down lastnight shortly after midnight. I messaged them to fix nothing changed 25 minutes later and went to bed. That was 12:33am (EST). Now before I did had set up a ping of 1000 in 1 minute intervals, noted the time and let her rip... just so I knew how long it took to fix. It was down ~2.5 hours. Now when the admin did resolve the server problem (most likely a reboot) he appearently wasn't doing what he was suppose to be and set the time to 12:xx (am) on the server. Problem, the server is on 24 hour time. So in an attempt to cover his arse he set the time back from the actual time. Not thinking that beginning at 12:01am the clock time would be 00:01.

It he had set it to the actual time all would have been a none issue. Now somtime back Ant setup a 30sec min delay between posts to prevent abuse. Hence you had to wait at least 30 seconds after the last time you posted. Since the clock was off by 12 hours (I asked them to fix ~12:20pm (EST) today) anyone whom had posted prior to the server clock being set correctly had to wait 12 hours + 30 sec after the last post they made during the timewarp.

He/she/it is busted bigtime, and I for one won't drop it after lastweeks BS with our host threatening to shut us down in what was litterally no warning... if we didn't pay more (for them to host our own server). Not to mention the fecking repeated crashes over the last month.

Needless to say Ant is looking for a new host and there appears to be many good offers so far.

/whew that was a mouthful!
      Last edited by Greebe; 17 May 2002, 21:05.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

>>The WinTV is using the VfW drivers so it can capture full >>720x480 frames.

Just checking...the VFW drivers work correctly under windows 2000? How about XP? thanks.
        WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
        Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
        HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
        HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
        Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
        ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
        Hauppauge Wintv #401
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Working...
        X