Anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing & G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing & G400

The chip specs for the G400 http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/t...chip_specs.pdf state that the G400 supports anisotropic filtering, and anti-aliasing, but i havent found anywhere to enable it. Ive noticed in other cards, such as geforce cards, there are usually options in the driver properties to enable and disable these features. I havent found anything simmlar on the G400's drivers. Does the G400 actually support these features? and if so how can they be enabled?

well, theres no option in the drivers for it, but i have seen fsaa on the g400 in microsoft combat flight sim(i think, don´t renember the exact name) you have to enable it in the game, since it isn´t in the driver options, i suppose fsaa works in most dx8 games with ingame fsaa options, since the dx8 api supports fsaa.

about anisotropic filtering, according to microsoft dx caps viewer it has 4 tap anisotropic filtering, however i have heard that it is broken, or incompatible or something, i was never able to get an exact answer out of anyone.

im interrested in the answer as well.

edit: dx caps viewer says that there is no fsaa, so i guess that what i saw was edge-aa.
    Last edited by TdB; 17 May 2002, 18:29.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
    X