Lock up of The RTCW with G450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock up of The RTCW with G450

Please help me! On first I have to apologize for my English, I´m from Czech Republic.

I´m having problem with the RTCW. After 10 minutes RTCW locks up. The picture is freezing and sound is playing. I have got Matrox Millenium G450, 16 MB DDR, 256 MB of RAM, PIII 800MHz, Win XP. I have installed 6.82 version of drivers. Where is the problem? What can I do with my trouble. The official support of The Activision didn´t help me.

Thank you very much,

Albi

freezing up after 10 minutes!
    RTCW is quite cpu intensive so do you have any idea on what sort of cpu temps you're getting under full load?
    could be a heat problem!

Comment

Thanks, I will try to inrease speed of a CPU fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Albi
        Thanks, I will try to inrease speed of a CPU fan.
        for temperature issues suggest you check that your hsf is on correctly, the fan is actually working & the heatsink isn't covered with dust!
        does your case have any fans for ventilation/cooling?

Comment

Is possible that the problem is caused by Graphics Card or something what is dependended on Graphics card? When I have been used older version of a driver 5.72 without patch 1.31, the picture is not freezed totaly. I could exit from RTCW to Win.

I´m using Titan fan D5TB with manual regulator of speed. I have adjusted minimal speed along of noise.

Albi

Comment

Hey, Albi!

I've just worked my way through the exact same problem, but with an entirely different system. My question was posted here, but nobody had an answer.

First, let's make sure that the "6.82" drivers in your first post is a typographical error. I'm sure you meant to say "5.82," which is the latest Win XP driver.

I myself had this problem with the Win 98 6.82 drivers, hard lockups with a repeating sound loop, or sometimes a non-repeating sound loop.

The way I sort of fixed the problem is I went to this page at Matrox and downloaded the first item on the list, the latest Matrox ICD. You'll also want to get the Powerdesk Uninstall Utility on that same page. If you are not lucky, you will become very familiar with it.

Here is what I finally came up with:

* Use the uninstall utility to remove all Matrox drivers etc. Restart.***

* Force the computer to recognize the card as a "Standard VGA device." Restart.

* Download the last set of drivers that sort of worked (in my case, the 6.51s; you may want to go back to the 5.72 XP drivers). Install and restart.

* Download the latest Matrox ICD. Install. Give RTCW a try and good luck! I hope it works for you, too.

*** I'm pretty certain the latest drivers re-wrote something, somewhere, which screwed everything up for me. Furthermore, the uninstall utility didn't remove it. In my case, I had to go back to a registry setting from before the time I first tried the 6.82s. Hopefully, you won't have to do this.

It took me three weeks to fix things. I considered using my registry backup utility to try to discover what was re-written, but, well, someone from Matrox is gonna have to ask me very nicely indeed if they want me to do that.

Comment

Thanks for your help. You are right, I have had driver version 5.72 XP. I did a similar steps and Wolf is working fine. I hope that a new version of driver will be better.

Ales

Comment

Originally posted by Albi
                Thanks for your help. You are right, I have had driver version 5.72 XP. I did a similar steps and Wolf is working fine. I hope that a new version of driver will be better.

Ales
                At what resolution are you running RTCW on the G450 with your setup?

Comment

Working...
                X