Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like someones already decided that the new card sucks

Have a look yourselves.

Anyone feel like giving Dghost a hand???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

It just reminds me of a classic line from Blackadder II

"So what your saying Percy is that something you haven't seen is slightly bluer than something else you also haven't seen"
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

come on, they are fanATIcs. give the poor guys a break
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

yeah the new matrox rocks like hell and so what iff its only for a few months then i say to the other guy in the link dont buy a computer there will be faster in a few motnhs zo keep waiting till you lay undwer six feet hehe
        specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
        video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

lol@ Taz

good quote - its been a while since i watched black adder tho, so i think i am gonna have to go back and watch them again

i don't think i'm gonna read rage3d from here on out except to keep updated on drivers for the two 8500's i am responsible for (mine and my gf's) - the place is full of people like Hellbinder... i wasn't really planning on dignifying his post with a response

it found it funny that he was using the same arguements against Matrox that so many NVidiots used against ATi...

anyways...
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

damn trolls are everywhere these days.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

He seems to be concerned that he can't play quake 250 fps. I notice that he didn't quote (unless I missed it) that Matrox will give decent fps with everything turned on.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hell even GF4 can't get 250fps unless you turn off image quality features and run it at 640x480. And of course you have to run it without anistrophic(?) filtering because if you turn that on then, because of the GF4 bug, it will take a major performance hit.

Joel
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I've got an 8500 which Hellwotsit name reckons is better than the new matrox card. I the 8500 splutter very badly with a few clicks of a mouse.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The above thread just shows how much damage bad reviews can do !!

The sad thing is ...the reviews they base their assumptions on was far from complete and full off serious flaws.

Not even to mention the lack on ADT+memory controller etc. in those reviews.
                    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

One thing that I dare not post over there (because I'll get flamed to death) is that Matrox doesn't jitter the way other cards do. My G400 doesn't have nearly as large a delta between min and max fps as GeForce cards tend to have. Also, when I got my GF3, I did some really quick before & after tests.
                      Using fraps, Deus Ex, fairly complex scene - G400: FPS in the low 30s, dropping in to mid-20s if I spun around.

GF3Ti - 56fps. If I did a 180 in the game, the display still said 5xFPS, but my G400 was a lot easier on my eyes. The GF3 seemed to jump a lot more, as if it only got 50FPS because it would blit the same frame 3 times before actually having something new to render.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to quantify that. nVidia knows it, so they go for highest FPS benchmarks.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yeah, i was just pondering posting about that...

or about how the G400 smoked everything in 32bit color for quite a while after it was released... it wasn't quite as fast in 16bit color, but there wasn't a huge performance drop off for enabling 32bit color...

i'm pretty much beyond caring if i get flamed there or not... i've been flamed there for stating that a voodoo5 still has better quality FSAA than the 8500 (if you can get the fsaa to run on the damn 8500) and that it had a much superior multi chip solution than ATI did...

the ATI community has become (and i suppose probably always has been) filled with NVidiots who are too stuck up to use NVidia products...

ah well... just makes me appriciate MURC more... might have to go about adding an [MU] into my name *grin*
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

3dfx did have the best implementation.

I'd rather have 150fps on a Matrox card than 250fps on nVidia though. Can't speak for ATi, haven't used them in any of my machines. Shit drivers.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Man, Rage3D is the most biased site I have ever been to, and the worst part is it is run by a bunch of morons. I know "MrB" and "RageLTMan" personally, and used to tweak Rage Pro drivers with Boris (aka RageLTMan). When I told Boris that the Rage Pro's drivers were pretty much maxed out and made a public accouncement that there was nothing more there could really be done, both MrB and Boris got angry and banned me from Rage3D, just for that.....

Funny thing was, they didn't release another driver set. I guess they found out the hard way (UDv2 and FDv3 were the last ones, and UDv2 was actually my driver set, but oh well).
                            System Specs:
                            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                              I'd rather have 150fps on a Matrox card than 250fps on nVidia though. Can't speak for ATi, haven't used them in any of my machines. Shit drivers.
                              damn straight. i have two video cards that i will never ever under any circumstance sell. those are my G400MAX and a Voodoo5. the 8500 i run at the moment would go in a heart beat.

the 8500 is probably the most bug free ATI card i have used. unfortunatly, that doesn't say a lot. the drivers generally either have compliancy issues or stability issues.

go figure...

i would still rather have a Matrox in my machine than anything else...

Comment

Working...
                              X