Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football in crisis another club goes into recievership.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football in crisis another club goes into recievership.

Well after the collaspe of ITV digital (Someone screwed up the markey research and got there sums wrong) the shit is really hitting the miss-managed football clubs.
    Bradford city a year after dropping from the premership has now gone into recivership joining Bury and Lincoln city. Many other are close.
    One of the problems is that players are paid too much and theres insufficent incoming funds to cover the outlay. The other problem is Directors who couldn't run a newagent shop.
    It's looking like the days off the high paid footballer are coming to a close.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

hmm, don't tell Beckham with his £100k/week deal!

Comment

YAY!

I celebrate publicly every time a football team, franchise, or player comes to a horrific end.

It's like a little bit of Christmas, only in May.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim

hmm, don't tell Beckham with his £100k/week deal!
        Thats peanuts I'm sure I heard Figo getting a million a month last night or was it a week. No wonder he didn't look bothered and was subsituted.
        The annoying thing about it the club like the one I support get reserve standard forgiener players pay them daft amounts and wonder why the fans get pissed off when these so call good players can't even kick a ball right or just strut around as if they don't care. I suppose from the directors point of view they'll get more bums on seats with Diergo fantastico than from the bonking juniors rather than John Smith from Graves park rangers.
        Too reduce our wage bill the club is now introducing young local players who seem to care about the club and seem commited.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Christmas... AND my birthday.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Re: Football in crisis another club goes into recievership.

Originally posted by The PIT
            Oh no! Don't tell Vince and the XFL.

Comment

I celebrate publicly every time a football team, franchise, or player comes to a horrific end
              Ok, but why?

P.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Perhaps he doesn't like the game.

It's amazing how banks let clubs get so badly in dept. 30 million is rumoured for Coventry city 16 - 20 Million for Sheffield Wednesday I think Sheffield United is 5 million in dept. Clubs gripe at the fans for not turning up but it's so darn exspenive to go now and quite often you see a bunch of overpaid players not trying you wonder why you bothered. You then get slammed by the club for booing them off. One game last season was so bad we didn't bother booing them off all you could hear was the seats going clank back into the upright posistion.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Its a shame that clubs started to pay players far more than their real worth and here lies the crux of the matter. Greedy players and greedy clubs all trying to milk the gravy train. Now that the bottom has fallen out of this market, are we to see the prima donnas taking pay cuts to reflect the economics of the situation? I doubt it.
                  Football was made popular by the masses and now we are left with a sport where clubs put their own fortunes ahead of everything else. In the process they have managed to alienate many of its grass roots supporters by charging extortionate amounts of money to see a match.
                  Does any football player really bring enough to the game to deserve to earn £40,000 per week? If the answer is no, then maybe they should lower players wages and at the same time the entrance fees.

As an aside, I am expecting the highly paid England team in the World Cup to play as badly and as indifferently as ever. Now if only they win the Cup I could be eating Crow
                  Interests include:
                  Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Christmas, my birthday, AND Thanksgiving... 'cuz I "give thanks" every time something bad happens to pro sports and/or pro athletes!

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                      Christmas, my birthday, AND Thanksgiving... 'cuz I "give thanks" every time something bad happens to pro sports and/or pro athletes!

- Gurm
                      are you not a sports fan?
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

The decline started when sky got involved and the premership was formed. I said then that will cause grief for the smaller clubs as all the money will get routed to the top few which has now turned into the top five of the premership only.
                        What also has happened is that most clubs look for foriegn players first who ask large wages but haven't much ability or care to play for the clubs that purchased them.
                        Off home now.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Lizzie,

Nope. In fact, I'm the opposite. I'm the kind of person who believes that the world would be a much better place if everyone with a sufficiently high IQ were given tranquilizer guns, and allowed to hunt down, bag, and deport everyone with a sufficiently low IQ - which, sadly, includes ALL "professional athletes".

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            Lizzie,

deport everyone with a sufficiently low IQ - which, sadly, includes ALL "professional athletes".

- Gurm
                            Well there probably paid a lot more than you so they can't be that daft. I wish I learn't to kick a football properly. A few seasons in the football league and hey I could have retired without any worries.
                            Last edited by The PIT; 21 May 2002, 10:32.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pit,

Assuming that because they are highly paid they "can't be that daft", is a completely foolish thought process.

Here's a hint - they ARE that daft. Most of 'em, anyway. And the ones that aren't ... well, they're helping perpetuate the system.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X