No announcement yet.

Amazing New Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pardon me Chucky but Aerogels exactly as described above have been around for many years now... shoot even speaker cones made of this material have been around for several years.

Wonderful neat stuff none the less, but extremely difficult to make in mass production
    Last edited by Greebe; 16 May 2002, 06:07.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Wow!

That stuff is pretty amazing!

If I didnt know the date I'd think that was an April Fools gag.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

one of the developers of this material has patented carbon aerogels for development of battery collector plates, because it has a fantasticly large surface area.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It's great on aerotoast.

Kevin

Comment

This is probably better off over in the General Hardware/Software forum.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
            X