SimHQ Parhelia interview w/Sebastian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimHQ Parhelia interview w/Sebastian

Check out this interview ... http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/hardware...trox/parhelia/ . (No time to comment ... back to watching Enterprise.)
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

(Back ... second Enterprise was a rerun)

Sebastian gives a little more insight into their goals. Sample quote:
    The Parhelia-512 will become the basis for a whole slew of products in the future. We’ll be offering different versions of the chip and boards to cater to different markets, however, we won’t be radically changing this architecture in six months.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

quality versus quantity. thats the ticket
      www.cornidesign.com

Comment

That was a beautiful interview.

Comment

Secondly, we aren’t interested in getting 250 fps in Quake. The optimizations in Parhelia-512 are for quality, performance and features in exactly that order.
          Matrox also has a loyal fan base.
          We took oscilloscopes in house to measure things like over and under shoot, PLL jitter, frequency response and the proof is in the pudding. The Parhelia-512 offers the best signal integrity and our results prove that. The components we used on the Parhelia-512 are the best quality parts on any graphics chip today.
          very nice interview! exactly what i like about matrox and why i will buy the parhelia!
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

That is an awesome interview.
            I guess it just confirms what I already thought I knew about "the big M"

- how wonderfull it would be if Matrox entered the world of mobile graphics cards...

/Flyke

Comment

we won’t be radically changing this architecture in six months
              Erm, isn't it a bit early to be talking about next gen? I'm still reading up on this one

P.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

That comment about component quality was a nice little dig at NVIDIA. They've had quite a problem with gfx card companies using their chipsets with sub-par supporting components

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That seems to be one of the hazards that comes with only producing the chips, and not the boards. This is just one more area where Matrox shows their good business sense, imo.
                  "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                  Gainward Ti4600
                  AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hardware Displacement Mapping, which we licensed to Microsoft for inclusion into DX 9.

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Snake-Eyes
                      That seems to be one of the hazards that comes with only producing the chips, and not the boards. This is just one more area where Matrox shows their good business sense, imo.
                      But it can also be the other way round.
                      ATIs Radeon8500 boards unfortunately have a bit worse signal quality than the old Radeon had. Hercules' R8500 based boards, however, have much better signal-quality, that is near the G550.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

That's actually ironic, considering that Hercules GF cards weren't considered among the best for their 2D quality (comparing only to other manufacturers' GF cards at the time.)
                        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600
                        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Hehe makes your hair stand when reading that interview also makes you feel proud and wanting to show of
                          Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Working...
                          X