G450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450

Does anybody know if the upcoming G450 will work with the Rainbow Runner G series that I currently use with my G400DH? I was hesitant to buy it knowing that graphics cards become outdated so quickly. Oh well.

Thanks

MIKE

Mike,

The card details of the G450 haven't yet been released although information on the chip itself was published a while back.

I don't have any further details, as Matrox won't say anything at all about the card until it is officially announced.

Comment

If you hop over to www.murc.ws and look at the news for May 2nd, they mention:

The first image of a G450 based product has surfaced. This board looks to have a digital flat panel connector has its second head rather than a secondary RGB. What is also interesting is the lack of connectors for the Rainbow Runner-G fueling the speculation that the G400s will be the last Matrox products to support their video add-on board.

Take it at face value.
      John

Comment

I really *HOPE* that Matrox still keeps the RRG capability for the G450. Thats one of the reasons why I bought my G400.. that and 2d image quality and DH.

Matrox is basically the ONLY ONE that makes a card that does this. I hope they decide to keep that niche market. I'd be willing to again spend more money on a card with that capability versus a lesser pricey all out gameing card.

Abit BX6 Rev.1
        Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
        192 meg RAM, CAS2
        13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
        6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
        HP8110i 4x2x24
        Pioneer DVD-104
        SB Live! 1024
        USB ZIP 100
        G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
        Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
        YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

I think that matrox is getting away from mjpeg and going for mpeg2. I wouldn't be surprised if there is somekind of marvel g450 in the works with mpeg2 capture. If the price is low, then i guess it'll be software codec.

Ciao

Comment

Working...
          X