Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pc Pro (uk) just about mentions the Parhelia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc Pro (uk) just about mentions the Parhelia!

The July issue (93) landed on my mat today. Parhelia gets a few column inches in the news section. There's and interesting statement at the end: "Top-end products are expected to cost in excess of £300"

Now there's a surprise

They have a round-up of 21 graphics cards. The Gainward GeForce4 Powerpack! Ultra/650 TV/DVI (Ti 4200) is the Labs Winner at £163, but the Gainward GeForce4 PowerPack! Ultra/750 XP Golden Sample (Ti4600) had highest overall performance at £353.

T.
    FT.

Hi Tony.

It's Tony (NPL) how are you. I'm no longer there, left last october, set up my business. We made a feature film in that time, offline edits being done on RTMac and RT2500, so still a Matrox man.
    Keep in touch, hope the jobs going well.

Tony

tony@logun.freeserve.co.uk
    To understand life we should remove complexity and find simplicity.
    Tony 1999

Comment

Re: Pc Pro (uk) just about mentions the Parhelia!

Originally posted by Tony Andrews
      The Gainward GeForce4 Powerpack! Ultra/650 TV/DVI (Ti 4200) is the Labs Winner at £163, but the Gainward GeForce4 PowerPack! Ultra/750 XP Golden Sample (Ti4600) had highest overall performance at £353.
      T.
      I've got the latter, and I think it's worth the money (for now, lol). Matrox is changing the game now that the others finally caught up a bit (er, speaking of quality mainly, since the others had leapfrogged M in features and performance. Though Matrox has returned the favor there, or so it seems from what we know at this time).
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

the usual price of Ti4600 ive seen now is about £300, when it was relased it was like £350, IF matrox can release the top card under 400 i think alot of people would be interested in it

Comment

It had to be said I've never had to pay the headline price of anything reviewed PcPro - which must be good

As to relative value for money, apart from IQ, lets see some benchmarks and prices!
          FT.

Comment

as does Gamespot - sorry if this has been reported earlier...

They have some streaming clips of its features... I cant view on my v90 though

*edit*
            added URL
            Last edited by Paddy; 16 May 2002, 01:51.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
            X