This Is War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is War

Good article about Eisner and his merry band of media hypocrites vs the computer industry.

These thugs in suits mug musicians with their lawyers and then turn around and complain that "their" intellectual property is being stolen.

Bow down before The Eisner! We are the overlords of media, all shall fall down before the might of DISNEY, it is futile to resist! Soon we will "correct" all legal flaws to insure that our HARD EARNED PROPERTY is not STOLEN by insignificant peons like the public. Soon (tm), we will make all forms music that can be heard by more than one customer at a time illegal, all underlings will be implanted with a crainial data inplant to permit direct absorbtion of only legaly obtained and licensed entertainment media. Along with this new technology, we will begin enforcing the strict outlawing of any nonlicensed singing, humming, or other forms of THEFT!

Comment

You realize of course that if every computer geek in the world opposing the legislation just switched off their computers for a day or two, the internet would collapse and the world economy would be brought to it's knees.

How hard could it be to organize such an "Internet Strike" over the Internet?

Talk about Power to the People! Any takers?

Kevin

Comment

I like the idea KRSESQ !!!!!!

I could live with a couple days away from the computer to help fight the Hollings bill.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hmmmm......

I think boycotting the movie theaters would be more appropriate. What if all the geeks didn't go to SW episode II?

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Um, too late sorry. Just saw Episode II

Fantastic

Uberlad
            -------------------------
            8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
            5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

i like the idea too. count me in

you heard it on MURC first!
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

That Idea is Great!!!
                Ihave toons of "offline" work I have to get done....

Hollywood was uncomfortable with Silicon Valley's penchant for coming up with products like TiVo, the commercial-jumping digital video recorder that threatened their television production businesses. "That was a very nice presentation," a studio chief reportedly told a contingent from TiVo after sitting through a demo. "Now go set yourselves on fire."
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I feel sorry for the theater owners. They make practically nothing from ticket sales because of the greedy ****oles in Hollywood. That's why popcorn costs $5.00 a bag.

The Oscars really show those left wing social liberal wackos for what they are: vaccuous, pea-brained hypocrites who make millions per movie acting like they are the focus for all "progressive liberal thought" in the world. They make me f***ing sick.

Comment

Working...
                  X