Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promise Fast track 66 gets new bios and driver

Hi Guys,

I noticed on the Promise home page that bios ver 1.30 and driver ver. 1.30 have both been released aprox 4 days ago.

Before upgrading I wonder what fixes are implemented.

Doc, did you try them yet?

Regards,
    Elie

I've tried to update to the 1.30 driver - Windows 98(SE) refuses to recognise them

Sent tech support @ Promise an e-mail about it (21st), but still no reply

Comment

I have tried them under SE - no problems. The driver Build 21 is actually a newer date than the Build 23, but it does not work with a Quantum LM. Build 21 worked for a while perfectly with ACPI, but as usual for ACPI, flaked out after a few days.
      You must do the driver update before the BIOS.
      The 130 drivers, BIOS and Utility are all Betas that were on the FTP site but have graduated in Beta form to the main page, so probably still a few bugs.
      I can not understand why Promise states that power management can not work with IDE attached to a SCSI (FT) card, but then claims success with the new drivers. Must be the pressure of new SE ACPI compliant BIOSES and 2000 installs that has got them on the hop.

Comment

The new drivers were mainly created for a Win2000 problem.

The problem is that Win2K now has an Ultra66 driver. Because the FT66 and Ultra66 use the same device ID Win2K was loading in the Ultra66 driver. This would often cause the FT66 driver not to load properly, mucking things up.

This release fixes the problem.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 26 May 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X