Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Even thought Windows 2000 SP3 is not even out yet, Microsoft have now begun work on Service Pack 4. Work started on these hotfixs are early as the 8th of April 2002.....

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

... thats sounds stupid to me. Why don't they just include those fixes into SP3? Like that Volkswagen comercial - shouldn't things be done when they're finished?
    Primary system specs:
    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

They aren't in SP3 because SP3 is already undergoing beta testing. They have to cut off new things at some point.
      P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
        They aren't in SP3 because SP3 is already undergoing beta testing. They have to cut off new things at some point.
        Has been for many months too - MS sent me a copy back at the start of the year!

Comment

I have been using sp3 for over half a year already!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

how is it?

Cheers

Tony.
            FT.

Comment

Is there significant changes to stability or is it just 100 fixex to problems that one in a thousand ever notice....
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Lets just say the MS fix list is 3 pages long!

It corrects lots of memory leaks etc. so I recomend installing it even if you are not having problems with sp2!

ftp://sq.onlinedown.net/W2KSP3_3.051_en.exe

Comment

As I use Win2k Swedish I'l have to wait untill its officialy out
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                    As I use Win2k Swedish I'l have to wait untill its officialy out
                    Does it still list gme controllers as "Spelstyrspaks anÄrdning"?

Comment

Let's see...

No only "styrspak".

Comment

Flygplansspak,
                        Spelkontroll
                        and ofcourse as Novdid already said
                        Styrspak

Comment

Working...
                        X