X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 monitor mode limitations?

Well, i guess there's no hard data.
    But maybe somebody tried it already ;-)

Question is, they specificatly named dual-head mode Dual Head HF, and besides high resolutions specificaly talk about hardware overlays.

What will happen to that 3 monitor mode then? I am OK with 1200x1024 resolution, it's fine for 19" and 21", but no hardware overlays on secondary monitor as it is in G400 would suck.

Also they talk about stretched screen, that would mean no separate resolutions again
    Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

You're presuming way too much.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

It has 2 overlay units, one for the 2 first screens. In other words, both screens receive equal hardware abilities, so don't worry

I got this info from matrox's website.
      80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

The third monitor is limited in resolution and I believe from Matrox's info that it does not have an overlay either. Why would anyone need a third montor? Oh yeah :P
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 14 May 2002, 09:57.

Comment

You won't know why you need it untill you use two
          my setup, no third monitor yet, but possible

So you are saying it could be used with Dual Head HF? That would be cool.
          What alarmed me is that talk about stretched desktop mode.
          Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

I just need to break down and use(Linux)/buy(WIn2k) an OS that properly supports multiple monitors with Matrox's driver tricks of course. I was just being sarcastic; plus look at the link.

I wonder if Star Trek ArmadaII will work with it across two monitors as it does with the previous dual-head cards. One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SalesSoup
              full hardware overlay on primary and secondary screens, with 3 displays, you'll get an extended desktop across TripleHead.
              So it won't be possible to have dual head With the first and second screen + DvdMax on the tv?
              NocturnDragon

Comment

Dual head for now is restricted to the first two screens. The third is just an added monitor. Though I wonder if you can do:

Monitor 1: Stretched desktop.
                Monitor 2: DVD Max
                Monitor 3: Stretched desktop.

Comment

Providing maximum screen real estate for professional computing, Parhelia-512 uses a specialized third RAMDAC to support a rectangular Windows® desktop stretched across three displays. Supporting a maximum resolution of 3840 x 1024 @ 32bpp, this ultra-wide desktop provides the ultimate in productivity for both professionals and enthusiasts.
                  Can anyone presume this isn't a stretch effect? Hope it isn't like the old Win2000 DualHead problem.

P.
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                    Dual head for now is restricted to the first two screens. The third is just an added monitor. Though I wonder if you can do:

Monitor 1: Stretched desktop.
                    Monitor 2: DVD Max
                    Monitor 3: Stretched desktop.
                    If it would be possible it would be great!

Haig? can you you give us a hint... wait it's the 14 already! Can you tell us if it's possible?
                    NocturnDragon

Comment

Pace
                      That's exactly what I am afraid of.

Comment

Here's the low down on triple head and dual head resolution-wise:

1) Triple head : 1280x1024x3 monitors Analogue only

2) Dual head: 2048x1538x2 monitors Analogue only

3) Dual head: 1920x1200x2 monitors Digital only

Comment

blacklotus
                          yes, but Matrox calls number 1/3 and 2 different names (Dual Head HF and Triple Head)

Basicaly, we already had similar problem up to half a year ago, when you couldn't have normal dual-head on G400 in W2K - only streched desktop.
                          They finally fixed that, so we can have normal dual-head plus separate resolutions on both heads.

By analogy, if 1/3 and 2 will differ the same way you won't be able to set monitors to different resolutions.
                          And we won't have normal dualhead.
                          Actualy, if you look at this picture:

you see that taskbar is stretched.

Comment

We want to know:

Display1 - 800x600
                            Display2 - 1280x960
                            Display3 - 800x600

Possible or not?

It's simple

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Certainly looks like 3 monitors will only be available in stretched mode, not as independent displays.

The PowerDesk Multi-Display Setup page only mentions 3-monitor stretched mode:

Comment

Working...
                              X