Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ant hosting problem... Guys Matrox should help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant hosting problem... Guys Matrox should help.

After all what this site brings to Matrox, I think they have the responsability to help him, by paying him a host.

I know there is some "moral" problems to that, since the site claim to be independent, who cares ? They just pay the host and leave the site independent, dependent or not, what will it change, we are all bough to Matrox.

What about preparing a petition and send it to Matrox ? For them it'l cost nothing... what will be the prize of the best hosting solution 35, 40 $ per month ? Matrox sure as a compagny could afford it. Afterall, its their faults They were the one releasing a new card, and it is because of that, Ant has his problem with the "to many hit" problem. No ?

They're already talking about the problem in Site Feedback:

The issue with Matrox hosting MURC or contributing financially has also been discussed a few times.
    You wouldn't want to. The minute it happens this site's objectivity will be gone.

Comment

Problem is that matrox wouldn't see it as indepant once they pay for any bit of it.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Perhaps I'm kicking in opened doors here... but aren't most members on these forums already biased towards matrox ?

If you look at the number of members, and the topics, one might even start thinking of the MURCer as "loyal servants to Matrox"; no other userforum I know has grown to be so large and loyal...

Some people come here for questions about their Matrox-cards, in stead of in the "real" Matrox-forum. So by existing, we relieve them of part of their task...

But of course, there are moral issues...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Here's a thought...

What if we were to allow 1 banner, and that banner just happened to be from Matrox...

Matrox would still consider us as independant, all they do is pay for the banner. But to the outside world, this forum would also loose its independancy...

(how is that for moral issue ? )

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            Perhaps I'm kicking in opened doors here... but aren't most members on these forums already biased towards matrox ?
            Jörg
            I would say this is one the least biased sites around. We readly admit matrox short comings and strengths so much so nvidiots that come trolling find it complete waste of time.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

We readly admit matrox short comings
              Yes, that is true... (I remember when the G550 was presented)
              Perhaps I was a bit too fast with my answer...

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

please guys keep this thing in one thread, we are already talking about it in http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32937. someone pls close either this one or the other thread.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                X