• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parhelia-512 Launched in Japan

Here the article for your convinence:

Matrox Parhelia-512 Launched in Japan
    Posted 5/13/02 at 7:23 pm by Rat

Well, in Japan it is already may 14 and it means that Matrox has just announced officially its Parhelia-512 (G1000) solution there.

This so-called monster features around 80-90 million transistors, 4 rendering pipelines with 4 TMUs each, 512bit internal structure, 256bit memory access, partial DirectX 9 support, and support of TripleHead technology (simultaneous output to three displays) and SurroundGaming (3D image similar to the one used in IMAX theaters). The chip works at 350MHz and the cards on it will be equipped with up to 256MB DDR SDRAM working at 700MHz.

The first 128MB Parhelia-512 based graphics cards are expected to appear in late June- early July and should cost around $400. As for the other details, please stay tuned, as they will be up here tomorrow, once the new solution is launched officially in the US and Canada.

IT'S NOT CALLED G1000 FOR PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP SAKE!!!

When are these people going to understand.

Comment

You can't know that yet
      They still have a few hours to announcement, they could do a Search-and-Replace on all documents...

Comment

Tempest

It will definitely be Matrox Parhelia - 512 No more goddamn Gxxx production line
        rev

Comment

It's not called the G1000
          the G-series is dead, read the matrox forum once in a while, you would have known
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

_____

"It will definitely be Matrox Parhelia - 512 No more goddamn Gxxx production line."

_____

You surely know, Bill!
            Last edited by chaoliang; 14 May 2002, 02:46.

Comment

Yeah yeah, I know, just teasing I've read the Matrox Forums and MURC pretty much every day for the last year or so...

I don't think many people would appreciate if the new card would be xx times more powerful than the G550 and they named it the Matrox Millennium G600 ...

Comment

HardwareZone is the leading online technology portal in Asia Pacific gives you latest tech Updates, technology news, products & gadgets reviews and more.

courtesy of thereg

Comment

It's so quiet. Strange or not? Haig and the others left the forum for somewhere.

Comment

maybe they've gone to look at some demos on final silicon...
                    or they are preparing for the final announcement...

Is it 9am est yet?
                    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

another 1.5 / 2 hrs I think

Comment

Working...
                      X