Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much will the Parhelia cost? and when will it be out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much will the Parhelia cost? and when will it be out?

My dad is into solidworks and he needs a low budget card for his job. so far we are looking at the g550, but with the news of the Parhelia coming out we might wait on the purchase.

I would seriously wait for Parhelia...

Comment

Any info on when it will come out? because he is ready to order his computer any second now. only reason he didnt is that the mobo and psu we want are out of stock. (

MAYBE.... he can hold onto his rivia tnt for a while untill it is released. also how much would you think this card will cost? is its $200-300 then we will forget it. I sure hope its like $140, but im dreaming. :/

Comment

I've heard that Parhelia will cost 'round 800U$D... it's obviously not a budget card, but i hope it's worth every cent :-)
        Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

phuck! :/

Comment

what card should he get then? i heard the g550 is a good card, but not the best. errr.. i dont want to recomend the g550 to him if it sucks.

Comment

I sure hope its like $140, but im dreaming
              You're definitely dreaming

The 'word' is that you would be looking @ $400, possible less.

If he's into 3D modeling software, and you have a tight budget, you really should consider an alternative. I'm not just saying this as a "nVidia guy," but for that type of application, you might be better off going with something like an older Ti200, or even one of the cheaper GF4's out there.

I've been away from the Matrox 3D scene for quite some time, but I can't imagine what the performance would be like for a G550, given the fact that it's really quite similar to the G400 (and in some respects, can be slower than the G400?)

Comment

For 2D - get it (especially when you use digital flat panels - 2 of them at once are supported ONLY on this card and the Gainward GF4 so far - but the latter is much more costly and Matrox DualHead is simply better). Best picture, best DualHead...

For 3D it's not exactly the fastest card ;= You should wait for the parhelia then, which'll cost you about $300,- for the smallest version, I reckon.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The german Heise Newsticker reports a retail price of aprox. 500 EUR. Do the math...

EDIT: for the Parhelia, duh ;-)

Comment

$450 USD in june/july according to Anandtech.
                    Primary system specs:
                    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

That's a bit misleading. They state a BELOW $400 price for a 128 meg Parhelia.

Who said the smallest Parhelia would be 128 megs?

Certainly not Matrox.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Like all cards, expect different prices for different clock speeds and RAm configs. I'm sure a 64 MB version will be release for well under the $450 price point Anand spoke over. Conversely, a 256 MB card would probably cost a lot more!

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Expect $399.00 for the 128 Meg in late July

Comment

What kind of work do you plan on doing?

2D only: Matrox

3D (where speed is very important): NVIDIA (or maybe ATi )

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I just can't support nvidia because of what they did to 3Dfx with 0 support after the purchase. It took me 3 months of waiting to even boot into XP without it bluescreening, and than I bought a Kyro 2 which I was happy with until I got this ATI 8500 today. The 2D is excellent I'm running 1600x1200@85hz (overclocking my monitor which has 3 huge 120 mm panaflow fans on it) with no fuss. Type is clear and stable, and edges are suberb. Dual Heading with an old 17" running at 800x600 just displaying various crap like winamp visualizations, motherboard readouts, and big brother for work (a sysadmin's best friend).

3D for games is ok. Unlike Nvidia there are slowdows. For instance in RTCW where my old kyro (without all the eye candy) would stay above half of its topend the 8500 will go from 140 to 30 in firefights.

Overall I recommend the 8500 still as it is only 100 bucks from newegg in the LE version and it easily overclocks to 300 in most people's exp.

Comment

Working...
                              X