Matrox @ HardwareZone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox @ HardwareZone!

HardwareZone is the leading online technology portal in Asia Pacific gives you latest tech Updates, technology news, products & gadgets reviews and more.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Looking good...

Now if only we knew what ATI and NVidia are doing. But VERY promising. Really liked the AA solution, i hate when those ingame texts gets blurry.. and thats pretty much why i dont use AA now.

But still dont have that kind of money now [ well theres no cards either so ... ], so ill wait out and watch what everyone is offering in the fall.. and then [ if im not happy about performance, i might get a new card.. but im pretty sure that i will skip this 0.15 version of P512 ] check whos the price/performance king.

Pe-Te

Comment

What I really like is the pricing strategy. I'm actually quite shocked that, if it turns out to be true, that Matrox is targeting the 128MB version for <= $400. When you consider the sheer size of the chip, and all the features, that's a pretty awesome package.

Of course, the real trick will be to see how mature/immature the drivers will end up looking like. For ATI/nVidia to migrate towards a DX9-like product is somewhat evolutionary, as they have had plenty of time to ring-out their DX8 drivers over the last 1.5 years...Matrox hasn't had that luxury, so I think that will be a critical thing to monitor once boards are tested.

If you missed it, Anand (from Anandtech...doh!) had an interesting little quote yesterday....

I must say that right now the video card sector is by far the most interesting of them all in this industry. Matrox has a pretty big announcement tomorrow that I'll be covering, 3DLabs just recently announced their powerful VPU, NV30 is amazing, and Matthew and I will be up to see ATI later this week.
      We haven't seen the likes of this in...well, forever? This year is definitely the year to dig 3D.
      Last edited by typedef enum; 14 May 2002, 00:43.

Comment

~~~~

*bunny drools*
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

and Greebe moves in to spoil the fun... again...

Comment

It supports DXTC !!!! If I'm not mistaken it is a bandwith saving tech !!! Right ?
            System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

if by that you mean texture compression then it's more like memory saving technique, but I guess transporting compressed (smaller) textures will save bandwidth, too

I personally would like to know what a "Depth acceleration unit for advanced Z processing " is?

Comment

Sounds like some form of culling to me.

We'll get the answer today!

Comment

woot! hardware accelerated windows
                  Dell Inspiron 8200
                  Pentium4m 1.6
                  640mb pc2100
                  64mb gf440go
                  15" uxga ultrasharp
                  40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

From anand "interesting little quote":
                    • amazing NV30
                    • 3DLabs powerfull VPU
                    • and a pretty big (sic!) announcement from Matrox

Right...

Anyway, I saw already what I wanted to see. Parhelia will more than suit my needs, so I'll just wait for Matrox to ship an actual product. I'll grab the thing and be happy ever after.

Cheers,
                    SB
                    <I>"To be or not to be"</I> - Shakespeare<BR><I>"To do is to be"</I> - Socrates<BR><I>"To be is to do"</I> - Sartre<BR><I>"Do be do be do"</I> - Sinatra

Comment

Benchmarks I want benchmarks ...... @#$@$!@#$!@#
                      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Working...
                      X