Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Parhelia pictures - check out the HSF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Parhelia pictures - check out the HSF!

"Japanese site Watch Impress has a snapshot of Matrox upcoming Parhelia 512 pic which is to be announced tomorrow. It features a massive heatsink as well as 2 DVI connectors. A special adapter cable seems to be included in the retail package to wire up for TripleHead monitor support.

that is an alpha card NOT the real card

Comment

Could you imagine trying to get that in your board. That would be about 2-3 pci slots gone.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That's a big heatsink!

I have never seen a memory aligment like that.

Anybody know what the big chip with the big white sticker on it is?? Perhaps our RSN chip

Comment

IF that's authentic, and even remotely like the final product, I'm worried about the power consumption of a chip that requires a heatsink that big. The memory arrangement is a giveaway about at least one feature... notice how they're in tight pairs? I'm betting they're using two chips together to obtain double the bus width, one chip handling the upper and the other the lower half of the transfers.

Comment

That is an ALPHA card and this has already been posted.

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

A card with that size(heatsink and stuff) generally has its prize proportional to its mass

Comment

No Way!!!!! It's a fake!!!!! There's no RSN chip

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Didn't you know? RSN is done through filters
                  I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

not that it means much or verifies the picture without a doubt, but Kyle of [H]ard|OCP commented on this with this news blurb...
                    Finally pics of the Parhelia card from Matrox as shown off by ASELabs. And at this point, seeing how everybody on the Net has released Parhelia information, I can say, that is the card for sure.

No, that is not the HSF that will be stock...
                    and he must have just added the part about the HS/F because it wasn't there a few hours ago when it was originally posted

Craig
                    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

lol that is insane, roll on .13m
                      Dell Inspiron 8200
                      Pentium4m 1.6
                      640mb pc2100
                      64mb gf440go
                      15" uxga ultrasharp
                      40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Working...
                      X