X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate sunroofs

It's raining it raining in my car.
    and car alarm is buggered by it all.

Brilliant eh at least I managed to drive it home before the water got in the alarm sensor. I can only lock the door manually and I can't switch off the immobilsor. Hopefully it will drive out.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

At least it wasnt raining cats and dogs, or it could be very messy right now.

MadScot
    Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

The PIT, thought you got that sunroof problem sorted last year!
      guess not!

Comment

It did stop leaking and now it's started again.
        Costs 400 quid for a new one. I need to find some rubber gasketing and I think that would do the trick. I'm just hoping that when it dries out the sensor for the car alarm will work again. Right now it's got fish swimming around in it. Why Renault didn't put proper drainage holes in I don't know.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
          It did stop leaking and now it's started again.
          Costs 400 quid for a new one. I need to find some rubber gasketing and I think that would do the trick. I'm just hoping that when it dries out the sensor for the car alarm will work again. Right now it's got fish swimming around in it. Why Renault didn't put proper drainage holes in I don't know.
          Because that would have been a smart thing to do.....

Threfor it is'nt done
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ha.. just reminded me of my old Bimmer. As if I really wanted to remember getting a lap full of water whenever I backed out of the driveway after a rainy night. Especially if the rest of the world had dried out and you weren't expecting it. Try showing up for work one day looking like you've pissed in your pants and you'll never get one of those damned things again.

Comment

My parents had the exact same problem with their Renault 25... The roof started leaking, the entire interiour became moist: if you put your hand in the roof, the water just poored out .
              Near the end of that cars life, everything just started to went wrong (we once ended up with the lid of the boot in our hands ), and after we had that fixed, the leaks began...
              Some other minor failiures then resulted in my parents getting rid of the car....

Jörg

PS: New cars can also give problems, my VW is just over 2 years, and they already had to replace the fuelmeter (just kept pointing to 0), my keys (transponder did not recognize them properly), the engines computer (did not supply enough rpm to get the car moving; it stalled as soon as the servo-system kicked in), lightswitch (turned it to off, yet the lights kept on buring), radio (wrong one mounted), and they needed to perform minor tweaks to the doors and engine.
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

What Reg Vardy was that the screw threads get stripped so the whole frame becomes loose. Now if it's true theres got to be lot leaking Clio's around and I'm sure Renault would have donme a recall.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X