Burnin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnin'

Maybe you burners can save me a search and tell me what the max CD-R capacity is that I can burn on my setup. I'm using 700 MB/80 min media on a Plextor PX-W1210S. Can I burn greater than 700 MB w/ Adaptec ECDC (a forum favorite ) or do I need to use Nero or some such? Thanks for helping out a lazy guy.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

go with nero, ecdc sucks

Comment

WinOnCD works like a charm (also for overburing) on my Plextor 4220...

(isn't it Adaptec EZCD ? - never the less, it doesn't perform well)

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

isn't it Adaptec EZCD ?
        nah, it's roxio's baby now!

Comment

does it matter....

it's still EaZy Coaster Creator
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I would go with NERO ....

Just remember .. when overburning you need to use DiskAtOnce and not TrackAtOnce since it doesn't support overburning.

If you decide to go with NERO .. the overbruning feature needs to be enabled under expert featurers to work.

Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
            incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

NERO here too. Won't let EZ CD Destroyer on my system.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Another vote for Nero here. (It came with my Richo 7200MP burner)

Can overburn easily with nero. (I was able to squeeze 720 meg on a 700meg CD)

In fact, can do almost anything easily with nero!
                80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Nero is your hero in the burnsoft world!

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

EZCD is the correct acronym. I knew ECDC didn't look right but it I couldn't recall. My SW (v4.05) shows it as Adaptec even though it was spun off as Roxio prior to that. I've been archiving with this SW for a while now w/o any problems but I never do anything fancy with it. The only coaster I ever burnt was due to copy protection. I was hoping to use EZCD so I don't have to purchase additional SW.

I know most of you like Nero but that wasn't my question. Thanks Kosh ... at least you tried to answer part of my questions? rugger also contributed. I was under the impression that I perhaps could burn as much as 800 MB. I guess I'll need to hunt this down myself sometime today.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Nero solves all your problems. Nero is the easiest overburn SW there is. With a high quality burner and high quality media you can overburn 1-4 minutes. The overburn limits are built into Nero as well. Try the demo, you can use it for 30-days, full featured.

Nero Platinum - Nero is the leading provider of premium software for the multimedia experience. We make burning, streaming, editing more convenient and easier. Start your free trial today!

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                        EZCD is the correct acronym. I knew ECDC didn't look right but it I couldn't recall. My SW (v4.05) shows it as Adaptec even though it was spun off as Roxio prior to that. I've been archiving with this SW for a while now w/o any problems but I never do anything fancy with it. The only coaster I ever burnt was due to copy protection. I was hoping to use EZCD so I don't have to purchase additional SW.

I know most of you like Nero but that wasn't my question. Thanks Kosh ... at least you tried to answer part of my questions? rugger also contributed. I was under the impression that I perhaps could burn as much as 800 MB. I guess I'll need to hunt this down myself sometime today.
                        It is quite unlikely you will ever get 800meg on a 700meg CD. My CD-RW drive crashed after burning that 720meg CD, requiring a full reset of my computer.

You can also get 90/99minute cd-rs, but they are not standard and often don't work well.

Comment

Originally posted by rugger
                          ... My CD-RW drive crashed after burning that 720meg CD, requiring a full reset of my computer.
                          I've seen files larger than that which were targeted for 700 MB CD storage. It would seem that those greater capacity capabilities shouldn't be that uncommon. I'll d/l the latest Nero trialware and see what it can do for me. So nobody knows how to kick EZCD into burning above 700 MB?

P.S. Perhaps I misinterpreted the info and these files were meant to be stored in compressed format.
                          Last edited by xortam; 13 May 2002, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                            I've seen files larger than that which were targeted for 700 MB CD storage. It would seem that those greater capacity capabilities shouldn't be that uncommon. I'll d/l the latest Nero trialware and see what it can do for me. So nobody knows how to kick EZCD into burning above 700 MB?
                            nobody uses EZCD sorry

And I have never seen a pressed CD larger than 700meg either. So I can't comment on that

You will just see how far you can push your CD-R's

Comment

I've seen a bunch of pressed CDs that are over 700MB, as well as a number of audio CDs in the 74-80 minute range.

Be careful. When you're overburning, you're not only seeing how far you can push your CD-Rs, but also your CD-R drive.

www.cdmediaworld.com, and you should be able to find out the max capacity for the CD-Rs you are using.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X