Breaking the NDA is a sad thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking the NDA is a sad thing

I can understand why Ant is so angry with the IXBIT publication. I was as eager to know every thing about Parhelia as every other normal MURCers. But still I think one should keep his words and pay respect to the NDA if he signed. It's a matter of principle. If honour means so little, it's no wonder that there are less and less trust among people.

It's so unfair to the others, especially to people like Haig and Ant. They have been asked by the Matrox fans dozens of times every day. I'm sure that they are the ones who mostly love to share the information with us if they were only allowed to!

While I'm happy to see that Matrox shows his glory again, I still feel sad about how this information found its way to us. I would surely be more happy if I had to wait until 14.5! The lack of respect to other people is the reason of many real tragedies of this world!

Actually, his comments were pointed to the Chinese info in the Photo's thread. Either he's asleep or getting sloppy drunk right now...
    Waiting on tech support...

Comment

The photos are bad enough. The graphs even worse.

Comment

They should have titled the page:
        "Everything you wanted to tell about the Matrox Parhelia, but were afraid to break your NDA"

Comment

hihi

Comment

actually the link points to the russian thread. and Ant clearly mentions IBXT. Makes you wonder who is drunk, ravalox

i agree with chaoliang. i didn't read through the bad translation of the whole thing but it seems they were pissed they didn't get any information at all from matrox. i wonder why not the first time some information leaked from that site.

and i can understand why ant is pissed. he and others were literally biting their tongue and then the russians come along and ruin it all. while i was (/still am) curious like anyone else about the parhelia getting all infos from matrox on the 14th seemed just right.

however i don't think it will have an effect on NDAs for MURC. MURC is MURC
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I've reread the Photo thread, and the russian link is posted 2.5 hours after Ant's rant. I also don't see Ant mentioning ibxt at all. Are you on something a little stronger than alcohol? If so, I want some!!

I think my comments were right on the money.

Comment

Ant posted newly. Recheck the "home"page.

Comment

Quote of Ant's post:

Truely Giving The Finger to The NDA
                  News item posted at 0:47 GMT by Ant
                  I was quite expecting this to happen before the 14th and from these people, IXBT have been true to form and published seemingly every scrap of information they had on Parhelia. Whether it is their own NDA that has been broken or someone else has broken their's to provide them with the information I don't know. I'm sure many of you feel this is no big deal and it is great to get the lowdown on Parhelia as waiting until the 14th was simply to much. Sure it isn't going to ruin things for Matrox, nothing could do that knowing what Parhelia is but it is the principle of so blatently disregarding NDAs that annoys the hell out of me. What this does in reeinforce what many in the industry see as the inherent untrustworthyness of online editors and I'm afraid that ends up with many of us getting tarred with the same brush thanks to one or two glory hunting individuals. This leads to online editors not being trusted to be "real" journalists and leads to their exclusion from future events all bar one or two of the big boys. Oh hell I could rant on for ages and I'm sure you're only interested in the fact that you can now see what Parhelia is really going to be capable of. Me I'm truely disappointed with such disregard for NDAs as it really gives those of us that honour a deal that we enter into a real kick in the teeth.

Comment

ravalox: nope. but i know who is

Comment

So I stand corrected. Haven't been to the home page since ???.

Comment

My God! It's 4:30 here in the morning!! I wonder if nV**** and ATI have such USERS?

Comment

i just learned from lizzies sig that people dont not no sleep neither food. i will try it out till 14th then i can sleep for 6 weeks till the card hits the shelves and UT2 comes out.

Comment

Does anybody know why there are absolutely no movements in the Matrox forum? How will they handel this??
                            Last edited by chaoliang; 11 May 2002, 19:45.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by "no movements"?

Comment

Working...
                              X