Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Q when replacing a laptop screen

Hi all,

I recently replaced a screen in my Compaq Armada (changed a cracked 13.3" to a 14.1") and it all works fine, but I have a question:

On my old screen, there was a metal (tin-foil-like) sheet glued to the back of it, and the new screen hasn't. Does this sheet of foil do anything? If so, where might I be able to get one?

The only thing i can think it does it maybe reflect some light back through the screen to brighten it up a bit?

No laptop today has transflective displays, only PDA's have, so that'll be no

Two questions though: what kind of connection did you use? I'd think it's proprietary. And: doesn't it look strange now?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I know it's not a reflective screen as used in PDAs and the like, but I was wondering if it helped reflect light from the backlight back to the screen or soemthing...

And the screen was replaced with another Compaq Armada e500 screen - changed the cable which goes from the motherboard to the TFT panel too as the connection had changed. Works great now - the screen fits perfectly in the casing, just waiting for a replacement plastic bezel to go round the edge as the old one is too small and I can see the wiring

Comment

Working...
      X