Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they can answer this: Who here KNOWS something 'bout the new card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they can answer this: Who here KNOWS something 'bout the new card?

If their NDA allows them to even say it... who has actual information about the new card? I'm just trying to tell the difference between the people who are saying "You're gonna be sorry you bought that <insert non-matrox card here> instead of waiting!" because they KNOW the new card is great, as opposed to the people who were saying the same thing right before the G550 came out, but who obviously had no clue.

what new card?
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

from

"ALSO: A number of MURC-ers are also beta-testers for unreleased Matrox driver software. These members are unable to disclose certain things, but often have a more thorough knowledge of problems and possible solutions than other users. The known "beta-boyz" (or "beta-bios") are:
      Kruzin
      Joel (also known as "Father Joel")
      Maggi
      ALBPM
      Hellmut
      Greebe
      SteveC
      Zwisch
      Rags
      Elie
      .....and several others who have not openly admitted their status.
      "

i believe that "mad maxtrox" and "salessoup" has signed an NDA too(or just know stuff), not sure though.
      personally i don´t know more than the average murcer.

edit:
      forgot to mention haig.
      Last edited by TdB; 9 May 2002, 15:26.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

salessoup actually works for Matrox.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I see... it's not a new card, it's SLI drivers for PCI G450 cards!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
            I see... it's not a new card, it's SLI drivers for PCI G450 cards!
            hehe, that would have been quite cool a year (or 2) ago.
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I'm all very pleased that Matrox do have some worthwhile technology in the offing. This 'who knows what' is just so tiresome. "We've" all waited for a long time for something big so can't we just hang on for another week.

There's no way it's gonna be a crappy card. You don't send round the "tell your friends" e-mail and have spoogy looking flash intros for a G550++ with 12 monitor connectors! Whether it'll be something for everyone (GF4-4600 beater or whatever) I dunno. It's only another another few days for the specs announcement - we'll then have to sit patiently whilst stocks appear on shelves, etc.
              Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Ok, here is the deal, there will be one of these new cards that you "MUST" have. Can you afford it, are you worthy? Those are the questions.

AA performance is quite impressive. The design of the cards are pure matrox, well engineered and high quality. These cards are not 550's rehashed!!

So, just relax for another week, and then eat a hat!

Comment

AA performance is quite impressive
                  This may sound like blasphemy, but I really don't give a damn about AA. The only video card I've seen that does it right is a Voodoo 5, and it used a very different technique which cleaned up other artifacts than just jaggies.

Comment

Then you're in for a pleasant suprise.

I might as well make it official: add one more BB to that list.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Oh!!No!! And all this time I've been waiting for a G-550 with a new improved heatsink with a Fan.....LOL

And no one has even asked about "Project M"......

<FONT SIZE=4> No Damn Answers!!!<SUP>tm</SUP>...
                      <FONT SIZE=1><SUP>tm</SUP> courtesy of xortam <FONT SIZE=2>
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hey Paul! What's this Project M you keep alluding too?
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

It's what he does whenever he thinks of Parhelia, gets excited, and has to lock himself in the bathroom for 5 minutes
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey!!! I'm not that easy....DOH!!!!

Paul
                            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

With that Parrot on your shoulder I'd bet not!
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X