Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appreciate some advice on buy a really small dv cam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciate some advice on buy a really small dv cam.

My parents are going to buy a dv cam to use for vacations and such. They want one that is really small. JVC makes a few, Canon Elura, Sony PC 110 are some that I've heard.

Good video, small size, and ease of use are of utmost importance. Price max of $1500.

Any models I should put on the "short list" to consider.

Thanks,

Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

We've one of the new Canon Elura's in the lab. Its very nice, but I think its too small, probably just what you are looking for.

--wally.

Comment

Panasonic have some micriature ones, as well.

However, I've held one micriature one in my hands a few weeks ago. I did not like it. My hands are too big and its controls are very fiddly and frankly difficult for anyone with a hand larger than a 5 year old schoolkid. Although I didn't shoot with it, I held it in shooting position and, even on wide angle, I could see in the viewfinder and in the pesky little and stupid LCD screen, that I couldn't hold the thing still.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hi,
        I have just bought the Panasonic NV DS28 and think
        it's quite good. The only thing I did'nt like is
        the A/V cable that has a 3.5 mm jack plug on one
        side (camera side) and 3 RCA plugs on the other side.

The jack plug is not at all common to find
        and a spare cable is on order.

I had some very good results encoding to mpg
        since the recordings are of a high standard.

True as Brian said it is rarther difficult to keep
        the darn thing stedy, but improvisation can give
        very good results.

Regards,

Debbie
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

I've used the Elura and it shoots great video.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for all the advise. I know they are hard to shoot with but that's what they want. If I convince them to get something a little larger/steadier, they'll find something wrong with it and I'll have to hear about it forever

I'll have to check out that Panasonic as I kind of had it narrowed down to the JVC GR-DV3U or the Elura 40MC.
            - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
            X